Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mayrhofen at half term

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are off to Mayrhofen at half term (19-26 feb) due to me being booked into an electrical testing course, this was my only free time this winter. However the course has now been postponed till april, but due to the travel and aprtment being booked we will still probally have to go at this time.
I know France gets mobbed over half term as its their half term as well. However I dont think its half term in Austria , so does anyone know if the resort gets really busy at this time?
I might be able to rearrange for the week before or after, but I think it may be at at cost, so will only do so if I get the impression that it will be a nightmare at this time
Thanks in advance
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sorry, can't really help, but didn't want to just read and run!!!

However, we always go at March/April half term and it is perfectly OK. Just enough kids to make for a good ski school, but not overun. Unfortuntately (or fortunately if you like that thing), we always seem to coincide with the Snowbombing too - which makes for interesting times up the Penken! (Again this year too!)

It still hasn't been really crowded though and certainly won't be mobs! There are some queues for the lift up in the morning, so either go earlier, or later and then stay up the Penkanbar for Apres Ski. I am always amazed at the people queueing to get down around 4.00pm, when they could be sat in the bar having a drink with amazing views! You can see then when the lift clears and come down to join the hoards in the Sport Ice Bar at the bottom - getting a steak sandwich from the Buthers opposite!!

Ddepending on your ski experience, try the Ahorn, deserted long wide easy blues (the Ice Bar is at the top and worth a visit to look around - costs nothing to go inside during the day. You can then ski back down to town, there is a short black at the bottom now, it used to be a red and I have done it, so it can't be that bad!!

There is a bus to take you back to the town, as it is a bit of a trek with boots and skis.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mayrhofen is always popular as it is such a great resort, but it has a huge amount of territory as well if you include all the Zillertal, so I am sure you will be able to avoid the crowds and enjoy it.

snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy