Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing in Bansko, Bulgaria

Poster: A snowHead
Hey

Has anyone been skiing in Bansko, Bulgaria? What's it like? Challenging runs? Is it a big resort, i.e. would I get bored after 5 days skiing?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
KirsTBee, welcome to snowHeads snowHead I've not been, but if you use the Forum Search facility, there has been a lot of information posted about Bansko and other Bulgarian resorts here over the years.

Difficult to answer whether you'd get bored without some idea of your level/standard.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I love it and that is why I bought a place there and I think there is plenty of skiing to keep you interested for a week. I go Off Piste skiing with the Ski Club at Val Disere sometimes and OK its no where as good as that but that costs me c£1.,500 for the week (including spending) when it costs me about 1/3 of that in Bansko and that includes eating out every night at some nice local restaurants! I will e mail you my Bansko Guide I have compiled with recommended eating places etc it may be of interest to you. Regards Pete
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
petethefeat, would you mind sending me a copy of your Bansko guide. We're going back again in March and would really like to know of a few good places to eat.

Thanks
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
petethefeat, me too please off there at end of month cheers
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
KirsTBee, we went over New Year (really don't recommend going then the queues were a nightmare, but rest of year is fine from what I can gather) a number of years ago.

It was OK, not huge ski area, but enough and I certainly didn't get bored with a week there however I would guess it depends on your level and what you like to do. We will probably go again (but when the kids are a lot older they are 1 and 4) as my parents have an apartment there. However even with that we chose to go skiing with Esprit in Courchevel this season.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
KirsTBee, your first post on Snowheads revived an old thread about blades, your second is about skiing in Bulgaria.... I suggest you post about winter tyres or whether you should wear a helmet next.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi, please can I have a copy of the bansko guide too? We go at the end of feb... hoping there is plenty of snow!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I can recommend the gide that Pete has put together. It sums up everything you need to know and more importantly directions to where everything is.
Cheers
Smag
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Snow looks absolutely pants at the moment with 31% of the area open, looks like i'll be spending a fortune on lap dancing!
Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Gsyfreerider, forecast is a bit better next week. And it is snowing there now if you look at the webcams. But you are right, this Jan has been shocking. The resort has done well to keep the runs that are open to the standard that they have.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Off to Bansko for first-time skiing hols with the family and another family at the end of Feb, we're booked into classes through the tour operator but does anyone have recent experience? 4 kids in all (ages 7, 8, 10) are they likely to start off in the same class etc?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
What's the offpsite like in Bulgaria? It seems mostly beginners go there, so I imagine the powder takes a while to get tracked out?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Jonesy100, Welcome to snowheads. I hope you and your family have a brilliant time. Not able to help very much with your question as I have not skied in Bulgaria since 2000, but at that time the attitude was "It's your holiday. What do you want?" As a result we were able to be, as a family with a 10 year-old, in the same ski-school group and had a great time. Maybe you would be able to negotiate that, if that is what you want.

snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
clarky999, I've been looking into this and it looks pretty good, some fairly gnar looking couloirs on this site which don't require much of a hike to get to apparently;

www.befsa.com

Really looking forward to the tree skiing if we get any snow!
snow report
Petethefeat, would love a copy of your Bansko Guide if possible
snow report
Just arrived in Bansko it is proper f@cking freezing, apparently there was a good dump of snow last night so should be good tomorrow. -15 in the village now-gumph!
snow report
Bansko is great fun - a good resort at a good price, though the town has a really "wild west" feel about it. Beer's cheap, food basic, but filling and you can have a great time off piste if you hunt around a bit. Was cold, very cold, when I went 4 years ago, but a dry cold, so didn't really bother me. Have fun
snow report
Really enjoying it here can't really compare it to any ski resort I've ever been to. Locals are really cool will do a TR when I Get back.
snow report
Pete the feet seems we are neighbours at home and in Bansko.
latest report
Dave Canski wrote:

Did you get lost Dave. What you doing here?
snow report
smagsmith wrote:
Dave Canski wrote:

Did you get lost Dave. What you doing here?

Hiya Smagger ... keeping an eye on you.. making sure you don't let our Bansko secrets out !!
snow report
Ru crap or good
snow conditions
Quote:

Really enjoying it here can't really compare it to any ski resort I've ever been to. Will do a TR when I Get back.
How can you do a trip report if you can't compare it Puzzled wink
snow report
why does a trip report have to comapre with any resort, I thought it was a report the resort where said person had just holidayed.
snow conditions
Hi everyone.

Really sorry but i have not been on and did not know i had requests for my guide! I have just started another thread named - Bansko Guide, if anyone still wants one please e mail me at:

pete.phillipson@ntlworld.com

Regards Pete
snow report
Dave Canski,

Hi Dave, sounds like you have good taste.
snow conditions
Dave, i actually moved to Warwick 3 months ago!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
"Awaits Mollerski to the thread Very Happy "

Bansko is a bit sugar and sh**e tbh.
You get what you pay for but elsewhere in Europe you don`t get what you pay for so take from that what you will.

HTH
snow conditions
DAVE 2227 wrote:
"Awaits Mollerski to the thread Very Happy "

Bansko is a bit sugar and sh**e tbh.
You get what you pay for but elsewhere in Europe you don`t get what you pay for so take from that what you will.

HTH

My thoughts re. Bulgaria's premier ski resort are well documented elsewhere on this site. wink

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Sun 27-02-11 23:13; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
DAVE 2227,

That sum's it up perfectly, I went last year with some friends who were on a first ski hol, would I go back Laughing .

Mollerski,

My My I must say that was very restrained, well done, you've obviously got over that Bansko thing. snowHead snowHead
snow report
erm, an advanced skier would be bored after 2 days. It's not so big
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy