Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski rental in St Anton

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
First post Little Angel

It's our second time in St Anton on saturday, and although we really should have got round to buying some hardware we haven't yet. Were were spoiled with a couple of years in Italy paying about 60 euros for skis and boots, so had a bit of a shock at the prices. From looking around it seems that there are no deals to be had with everywhere charging pretty much the same amount.

Question is - we were thinking of just turning up like we did last time directly at the shop rather than going through the TO (Crystal.) Is this the best option?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There is a cartel in St. Anton with ski hire. I am afraid you won't be able to get a deal anywhere.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
try www.skidomtrips.com it is part of neilson but offering just the bits you need they tend to be cheaper than buying from the tour op. apart from that as previous as eyeopener wrote it is very difficult to get a deal in st Anton
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You can save a bit by booking online in advance - try http://www.sport2000rent.at/en/

I'm pretty sure there was a thread on this exact topic a few weeks ago, try searching the forum for more info.[/code]
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cheers for that. Had seen the earlier thread, but wasn't sure whether to resurrect a buy vs rent thread Embarassed Will look at getting stuff from the Nasserein gondola.

Really must buy some though...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Rhoobarb wrote:

Really must buy some though...

Yeah, but think carefully about the costs... most airlines now charge for skis, and you need to get the serviced (occasionaly). I own my own kit and for weekend trips I don't always take them as it's a lot more hassle and not really cost effective. That said I'm flying with Swiss and Air Berlin this season and both of them carry skis for free (for now) Smile
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yeah - I had been happily renting for 4 trips before going to St Anton. Think we paid 69 euros for premium skis and boots in Italy, and the shop waxed them twice in a week. I'd probably just go for boots, but as I am size 13 I pretty much end up with relatively new ones anyway... I guess for my 1 week a year I don't really need any!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
St Anton is a rip off for equipment rental.

If you don't mind the hassle hire in the UK but it means carrying the gear out.

These guys are good value and if you were going to the Tarentaise Valley in France (3 Valleys, La Plagne, Les Arcs, Val, Tignes) they would deliver the gear to your accommodation.

http://www.edge2edge.co.uk/

I have no commercial interest in this company but I've recommended them to my skiing friends.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
welshflyer wrote:
St Anton is a rip off for equipment rental.

Hard to argue with that... it certainly seems expensive. As I have my own gear and tend to usually go to St Anton I don't really have any expereince of renting elsewhere... is St Anton a lot more expensive than other major resorts? And do other resorts have prices fixed across all shops?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've only been to Kitzbuhel, Mayrhofen, Sauze and Courmayeur and it's definitely a lot more expensive. Compared to Sauze it's 130 euros extra for the same kit. There is certainly more of a range of prices in other places, and I haven't seen prices fixed everywhere in such a way. Usually you can get kit cheaper than through the TO, but not in this case.

That said, I know it's expensive before going, and I haven't got my own gear so I'm not complaining. It would be nice to save a few quid as per other trips, but if I wanted a cheap trip I wouldn't be going to St Anton Very Happy I'll rock up on the day and moan for 5 minutes before I get to the top of the first run and forget about it!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Try this... http://www.sport2000rent.at/en/news/newyearbonus-2011-01.42

15% discount on ski rental in Austria if you book by Jan 12th Happy

(I'll also post this in another thread so that everyone can see it).
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
sah wrote:
Try this... http://www.sport2000rent.at/en/news/newyearbonus-2011-01.42

15% discount on ski rental in Austria if you book by Jan 12th Happy

(I'll also post this in another thread so that everyone can see it).

That's brilliant! Booked now. I'd only found 10% off, thanks a lot sah
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Rhoobarb, Excellent! Glad it was some use. It's probably as good as you'll get in St Anton.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Definitely. Like I said, I knew the score but always good to get a bit of a deal. Have missed two seasons so raring to get back!! Cheers again.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Rhoobarb wrote:
Definitely. Like I said, I knew the score but always good to get a bit of a deal. Have missed two seasons so raring to get back!! Cheers again.

I know how you feel, I missed a season due to injury... it was great to get back, and great to be in St Anton. That place has changed a lot recently, I'm turning into a bit of a fuddy duddy and I prefer it like it used to be, but it's still a fab place Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy