Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Official: December was UK's coldest on record

Poster: A snowHead
See BBC News, quote:

"Last month was the coldest December documented for the UK since nationwide records began 100 years ago, the Met Office has confirmed.

For central England, it was the second coldest December since 1659."

I wonder what January will be like?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Where are the so-called Global Warming Brigade now, eh!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mr Technique,
Quote:

Global
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Alastair Pink wrote:
See BBC News, quote:

"Last month was the coldest December documented for the UK since nationwide records began 100 years ago, the Met Office has confirmed.

For central England, it was the second coldest December since 1659."

I wonder what January will be like?

The BBC weather dude has just referred to that as a "a good weather stat". Laughing IMO a good weather stat is mentions pow pow... and lots of it Smile
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
nozawaonsen wrote:
Mr Technique,
Quote:

Global

How's the computer model for 'successful detection of sarcasm' looking at the moment? Will you be able to realise when someone's taking the piss this time next Thursday?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I thought I heard on the 'wireless' news that globally it was the warmest ever December.

Time to invest in the Scottish ski industry Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Where are the so-called Global Warming Brigade now, eh!

2010 is expected to be confirmed as GLOBALLY the warmest year on record, in the top 2 or 3 if it doesn't quite make the top spot.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You are expected to FEEL quite FOOLISH when you go back and READ the rest of the THREAD.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mr Technique, no offence but you original statement made it look like you may not have seen some of the other reporting on global temperatures. You've explained now that you were trying to make a joke. Fair enough. But your tone can come across as rather unpleasant.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Some signposts in the original text that suggests it was a joke:

1) The use of the intrinsically comical phrase "so-called".
2) The needless capitalization of Global Warming Brigade.
2a) The word "brigade" (see 1).
3) The entirely superfluous exclamation mark at the end of a sentence which is a question rather than a statement.

Hope this helps.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

But your tone can come across as rather unpleasant.

A SHs understatement. Cool
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stevomcd wrote:
..2010 is expected to be confirmed as GLOBALLY the warmest year on record, in the top 2 or 3 if it doesn't quite make the top spot.

From what I have seen, temperatures have flattened out over the last 10 years - and 2010 seems little dfferent.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Oh no! It's the so-called Global Not Much Has Been Happening For Ten Years Brigade!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mr Technique, yup.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

stevomcd wrote:
..2010 is expected to be confirmed as GLOBALLY the warmest year on record, in the top 2 or 3 if it doesn't quite make the top spot.

From what I have seen, temperatures have flattened out over the last 10 years - and 2010 seems little dfferent.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/dailychart/2010/12/climate_change

Mine has more numbers on it, so is obviously better. wink
snow conditions
The BBC couldn't report anything about it being very cold without sneaking this into the article

Quote:
However, the first analysis released of global temperatures shows 2010 was one of the warmest years on record.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy