Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing venue en-route to Chamonix?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Due to check in at Argentiere UCPA at 5pm on Saturday, but driving overnight Friday gives us the opportunity of skiing for the day Saturday first. We have planned on skiing at Les Houches, but the weather forecast indicates the possibility of it raining right up to the top of the hill there Sad .

Can anyone suggest somewhere we could ski for a day, at a higher altitude, but without having to go too far off the road to Chamonix?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Best go to the Grand Montets, I'd say. Other options - e.g. Flaine - may not be high enough to prevent your getting very wet.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
yep would go with that, though I can imagine with the forecast expect you won't be alone so could be a good few queues...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
With this forecast I would be settling into the the Pale Ale at the Mt Blanc Brewery Confused
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
norris, actually, I was thinking the same thing. Or whiling away some time at the Etrembieres shopping centre in Annemase, maybe buying some waterproof gear in Go Sport.

Chamonix will be awash, but there should be some nice fresh snow up the Grand Montets.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Or try the Decathlon shop just off the autoroute on the way to St Gervais
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
hmm, where is the Mt Blanc brewery and is that the one that does the blonde in a blue bottle???
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
http://www.mbchx.com/eng%20find%20contact.htm

Well worth a session. The burgers are good.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
norris, Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the MBC (Micro Brewerie de Chamonix)? I think the Mont Blanc Brewery is somewhere S of Les Houches . . . Puzzled Still the beer in the MBC is very good all the same!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ww166no, sorry yes you are right I am talking about the MBC. Not the Brewery -Having a "Blonde" moment Razz
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
norris, No worries - do you know where the Mont Blanc Brewery is? Their blonde has to be the best beer in France.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
somewhere near les houches

http://www.brasserie-montblanc.com/
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
thanks for the link, will have to stop by for a beer in a couple of weeks time
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Results showed not to worry too much about weather forecasts in advance. Torrential rain on the first part of the drive through France, then cleared out to a fine night. Went to Les Contamines for Saturday 8th (which was forecast to be very wet), and it was fine sunny weather all day! A good days skiing and we didn't have to resort to beer instead.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy