Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowheads DID spare 2 mins to HELP save SkiRossendale - big thanks.

Poster: A snowHead
ok friends

thought i should step in here and ask that ALL snowheads do Ski Rossendale a favour - 2 minutes of your time is all it takes.

SkiRoss needs you to click their facebook link below and LIKE it - ideally add something to the discussion section as well.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/ski_rossendale

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ski-Rossendale/184943724851931?v=app_4949752878

WHY? well we all love skiing don't we? Lets support each other in a sport that we love. Lets create a strong community that supports ALL UK skiing - thats dry slopes, fridges, Ski Scotland, Yadmoss and ALL other Uk facilities.

It only takes 2 minutes of your time.

A big thanks.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 7-01-11 16:05; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sunnbuel,
i have done the deed - hope it helps Smile
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
done. Hope it helps.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Done
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not meaning to sound negative here but clicking like on a faceboof page isnt likely to make any difference.....What SkiRossendale needs is paying customers through the door and the tills ringing.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Done Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
speedy wrote:
Not meaning to sound negative here but clicking like on a faceboof page isnt likely to make any difference.....What SkiRossendale needs is paying customers through the door and the tills ringing.

My exact thoughts. You can't pay staff wages with FB thumbs.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
speedy wrote:

i appreciate your comments and i don't know the answer.
i am sure that the SkiRoss folk have a recovery plan and the facebook site is just a part of it. So i am happy to do what i can.

As it says, only 2 minutes of your time.

Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
done....happy to help Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
done...good luck
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Done... and I really do like it. I'll be heading back there soon if snow fall continues to avoid Yad Moss (although that is starting to look promising and they had the piste basher out today).

Hopefully this facebook page will be part of a new, better coordinated and publicised marketing drive.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
wigan,
appreciated - and i will encourage my mates to visit yadmoss at least once this season - i was going to give it a try anyway wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
speedy, Marketing and the use of social networking sites is at least a start I think the imprortant thing is they need a certian number of thumbs to register the page and to do this they need to get a small group willing to start the ball rolling
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi Everybody!

A huge thank you for all your support up to this point, and to sunnbuel for helping us champion the cause.

The improved communication and use of social media sites is our response to public feedback and is part and parcel of our attempts to drag the slope back from the brink by keeping our users more informed and 'at one with the slope' in new and exciting ways. This will also allow us to keep them up to date on the Inside Track with latest news regarding the future of the slope.

We are really grateful for the support base that we have, not only here on Snowheads but across the board, and hope that it all pays off in the long run.

facebook.com/skirossendale is now effective. Speedy and Bar Shaker - you're exactly right, but it's one step in the right direction and a move to show our valued community base that we are changing, the first of many.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
done on fb snowHead
snow report
sr_yetti, That's a good attitude. Good luck with the business.
snow report
Done ! - Hope it all works out.
ski holidays
will do it at home if only because my first lessons were at rossendale 20 plus years ago - honest I was only 7 (17)
latest report
Done...good luck and hope to pop over the Pennines very soon Smile
snow conditions
Done. Having grown up in Rossendale but not returning as often as I would like it is a shame to hear of a venerable institution struggling. Good Luck wink
ski holidays
Pleasure, 'tis done Very Happy
sunnbuel wrote:
WHY? well we all love skiing don't we? Lets support each other in a sport that we love. Lets create a strong community that supports ALL UK skiing - thats dry slopes, fridges, Ski Scotland, Yadmoss and ALL other Uk facilities.

Couldn't agree more - perhaps we could get SSE to do the same rather than their current policy of ignoring many UK facilities including all the club fields in the north of England and most certainly anything to do with Scotland! rolling eyes
snow conditions
roga wrote:
Pleasure, 'tis done Very Happy
sunnbuel wrote:

Quote:
Couldn't agree more - perhaps we could get SSE to do the same rather than their current policy of ignoring many UK facilities including all the club fields in the north of England and most certainly anything to do with Scotland! rolling eyes

Roga - i enquired and am told the reponse on the facebook and twitter sites from snowheads has been fantastic, so thanks to all of you and sr_yetti (hope i am not treading on toes )

Spotted this on the SKiRoss website
Quote:
This February Ski Rossendale will be hosting a Guiness world record attempt which is being arranged and filmed by BBC's Blue Peter.
A number of internationally recognised skiers are attempting to set a new record for 'the greatest amount of air achieved using an artificial quarterpipe' - which for those not in the know means that the skiers will be aiming to get as high as possible.
The exact date and time will be confirmed as soon as possible and spectators are more than welcome to witness a new record being set!

Now that should be worth travelling for, i will keep an eye out for the dates and post them (think of those landings!)

Very Happy
ski holidays
sunnbuel,

Your actions are commendable, but unfortunately ski Rossendale has been on the decline for some years now, I fear it is doomed. The cash strapped council simply have not got the funds to keep what is after all a niche sports facility open.

Added to that within half an hour you have the Chill Factore and for the club skier you have Pendle in the opposite direction, which BTW last time I looked was in much better condition than Rossendale. i will of course sign the petition.

For me the only reason to go to Rossendale was to check out the bargains to be had at the EB clearance shop, but even they bailed out a couple of years ago, shame.
snow report
Quote:
Your actions are commendable, but unfortunately ski Rossendale has been on the decline for some years now, I fear it is doomed. The cash strapped council simply have not got the funds to keep what is after all a niche sports facility open.

kel
You are right and everyone know this. Thats why a turnaround plan seems to be in operation. See below from yetti

Quote:
The improved communication and use of social media sites is our response to public feedback and is part and parcel of our attempts to drag the slope back from the brink by keeping our users more informed and 'at one with the slope' in new and exciting ways. This will also allow us to keep them up to date on the Inside Track with latest news regarding the future of the slope.

Looking at the linked Fb and twitter sites it appears that this is just the start. So put your comments and ideas to SkiRoss on their FB site - i am sure they will appreciate it.

Smile
ski holidays
Hi All,

This is correct, we've got the BBC and Blue Peter filming the event at the Ski Rossendale quarter pipe although exact dates and times are yet to be confirmed. (Sunnbuel, no toes stepped on! lol)

Please remember that at the moment you might only be 'liking' and 'following' but this simple action allows us to spread our news quickly and efficiently, and for this we are very grateful. Over the coming few months we are going to need positivity, determination and a real sense of community spirit to engineer a future for one of Rossendale's most iconic attractions.

As sunnbuel said, we appreciate all comments and suggestions (even the negative ones) so please contribute, get involved in any way you can.

We look forward to hearing from you.
snow conditions
I can't click on either as I am on neither twitter or facebook and have no intention of signing up for either. However, if it helps I can say here and now that I hope they succeed in staying open.
ski holidays
Really hope it keeps going my daughter uses it with Uni every week for race training and they hold there competitions there too.

They did have a race canceled last month for snow ha ha.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy