Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Set

Poster: A snowHead
Good Morning

Last year I booked Ski Hire online with Ski Set using a promotional code I got off Snowheads Home page where they were advertising,has anyone seen any siimilar ad this yr?

If not can anyone rec a similar site, we are going to les Deux Alpes on the 15th Jan and a few in the group want to book Ski Hire, we are going with Crystal, but I seem to remember it was cheaper online.

Thanks

Tilly
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Had an email from Skiset yesterday giving this code for up to 45% off SKDAUD1

Have a good trip
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You mean like this? Ski Set Discount code
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks so much, just what I was looking for!

Cheers.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
try snowbrainer, even with discount codes we have sometimes found them cheaper and no different...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
tilly, I did a comparison of prices, just yesterday, for our trip in 3 weeks time. Snowbrainer were significantly cheaper than Ski Set, even with various discount codes, and we booked with them. Same thing last year - kit was fine, shop was the same one that Ski Set used. Worth a few minutes 'shopping around'
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Depends on where you staying obviously, but if you are near the centre of town Jandri/White Eggs the guys at Slide Planet (Skiset shop) are pretty good. They'll let you leave your skis and boots (even if you're not hiring boots from them) at night, and look after your normal shoes during the day.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If you want to get the best gear rather than the cheapest then I'd recommend Ski Extreme. I don't think they do online booking but they are willing to haggle http://www.skiextreme.fr/
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Actually just noticed that Ski Extreme do online booking now, in French only though. Their gear is always good and well maintained. Jutta who owns it and the guys working in there are very helpful too.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Anyone have a code for snow rental or snowbrainer - these are usually cheaper than skiset.

ta
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
taffvalais, admin, that code gives me 25% off for our austrian hire which is not bad. this one gives 30% 'newskisetclubuk' emailed them last year looking for a better code than they normally give out and they gave me that one. just checked and it still works. I rang the ski shop to see if they would beat it and the shop owner said no way they could touch it even for a group of 11.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Interestingly, this place..... http://www.skiholidayextras.com/ can provide kit at lower prices for the same shops, than is offered with the Skiset discount codes. Certainly for the 2 examples I've tried (for L2A and Plagne 1800).

It's only a few € here and there though, so if snowheads gets a kickback for using their discount code it's worth using.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
hobbiteater,

Just had this code from snowrental SR5 for an extra 5% off their discount rate also please note
Quote:
The voucher code is not valid for all our resorts, for more information please contact us. The voucher code is valid until the 31st of January 2011.

Hope this is useful
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi thanks for all the help,found a cheap site called skimium,has anyone used this? Or a hire shop in les deux alpes called ski emotion? Thanks again.
Tilly
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Have used skimium and always found the shops to be fine and have the kit ready for collection when arrived.
latest report
Quote:

Just had this code from snowrental SR5 for an extra 5% off their discount rate also please note
Quote:
The voucher code is not valid for all our resorts, for more information please contact us. The voucher code is valid until the 31st of January 2011.

This voucher's run out but if you're skiing in France you can get 8% off hire with snowrental using voucher code FR8 if you book during February.

If I'd have waited a day I could have saved myself an extra €15 Smile
snow report
Just come back from La Plagne Center and booked some skis through Skiset based in the Hotel Terra Nova.

We looked on their website at suitable skis for me and wifey and chose what we wanted. We went to pick up our skis on Sunday morning only to find that the shop did not
stock ANY of the skis shown on the website.

It was not a case of the skis being out on hire, they did not keep them. We got given some right old clunkers until I complained and I still had to pay more money.

I eventually ended up with some Rossignol Zenith 9.5 skis which were OK but i still feel liked I have been deceived.

I sent a letter of complaint to Skiset and by coincidence a day later got an email with a satisfaction survey attached. I'm sure you can guess how I filled it in.

Very disappointed with that particular Skiset shop.
Crying or Very sad
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy