Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Room for up to 2 available in Tignes, catered chalet, week starting Jan 15th.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Due to people dropping out due to job worries and not being able to get time off etc... I have a room available in a chalet in Tignes Le Lac for week starting 15th Jan.

The chalet is 50m from the lifts. Room is in a self contained ground floor flat, with catering provided in the main chalet upstairs.
The self contained flat consists of a bedroom and a lounge with 2 sofa beds in it.

£349 for one of the rooms for the week.

http://www.chaletsdirect.com/tignes/chalet_amelie.htm

My plan is to book charter flight to Chambery and transfer from there to Chalet. Skis and pass obviously extra cost.

I've done 8 weeks of skiing, so happy on pistes and the occasional foray off if it looks safe enough. Would be great to find someone else to go skiing with.

Another option if there are two or more of you is for me to transfer the whole deal over and I'll go skiing at a later date once the others can get time off. The two rooms will take 3 people easily and is advertised as taking up to 4.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 8-01-11 1:08; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tomstickland,

I will be in Chalet Amelie as part of a group of six from 15 to 22 Jan. Mixed ability group, although I would describe us as all as ranging from the lower to higher end of 'intermediate'. Two females and four males who range in age from approx 20 to approx 50. Happy to have you accompany us if you are looking for someone to ski with. We will also be looking to ski all of the pisted stuff as well as exploring some - very safe - off piste when available. Hope to see you on 15th!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi, that's great, thanks. I'm pretty self sufficient, so I'm happy skiing on my own, but I don't fancy a whole week alone. Would be great do some group skiing.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi,

Got a friend skiing in Tignes that week so might be interest in taking you up on the room.

Let me know if it's still going.

J
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi,
the room is definitely available - I had confirmation today.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
tomstickland,

Hi Tom,

This sounds like it could work as my friends are staying in Tignes Le lac with his girlfriend and kid but I've just got a few questions about transfers etc.

Given the short notice, can you let me know your number so I can give you a call tomorrow?

My email is Julianroughley@btconnect.com

Regards

Julian
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Room is now taken! Thanks.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm back and the week went very well!

I met up with Ruffers73 out there and we skied together and with various other people over the week.

We also did a lot of skiing with jasmck159 (Jim) and his group.

We had 6 days of Blue skies. It was very cold towards the end of the week though.

I reckon that we covered about 90% of the pisted runs, a lot of them multiple times.

The Orange red run was a firm favoruite.
We did the Face and it wasn't as bad as I was expecting.
We ticked off most of the unpisted black runs too. Golf was very steep on one section.

The most scary run was definitely the unpisted black from Aguille Percee. After skiing and climbing up to the cross over it was then an icy traverse over a really steep slope with big rocks beneath. I survived that and then found the main face was too steep for my confidence levels and treated myself to a first class walk down most of it.

A close second in terms of fear factor was a really icy red run down into Les Brevieres late in the afternoon.

The White Horizons chalet was good. The hosts Charlie and Lucy did a great job.

It was a snowheads success story.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
tomstickland, thanks for letting us know. It drives me round the twist when folk advertise space or for wanting buddies and there is a stream of interest and then you never find out if it worked out
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
holidayloverxx wrote:
tomstickland, thanks for letting us know. It drives me round the twist when folk advertise space or for wanting buddies and there is a stream of interest and then you never find out if it worked out

I thought that was only me! Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
maggi, same when folk ask for advice and never come back to say thanks
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
holidayloverxx, true. But sometimes I also wonder if the "buddy" turns out to be an axe murderer and that's why we never hear anything else Shocked .
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
maggi, Shocked then again bashes etc seem to work out ok........on the whole
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
holidayloverxx, true, again. But bashes are organised by the forum owner or long established posters. They are known, in person, by a lot of people on here. Or at least known by someone they know, (if you know what I mean rolling eyes). Some of these threads, though,are by first/few time posters offering shared holidays and are answered by similar. I'd hope everyone is above board but I worry .......
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
maggi, do you really? TBH I never really thought of it in that way; but I suppose it could happen
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy