Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Espace Killy: Mountain Restaurant for Birthday Lunch?

Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone recommend a nice mountain restaurant for Mrs MA's birthday lunch, preferably at altitude?

Ideally this would be rustic and charming.....and not cost an arm and a leg, which I know may be pushing it in Espace Killy Laughing !

Actually, I'm not averse to paying for something decent (because she's worth it wink ) but have had past experience in France where we've felt not only fleeced but have had poor food and bad service.

Also, having perused Tignes' very good eating out brochure, I'm thinking of La Ferme at Lavachet for the birthday evening meal - any good??
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.chalet-edelweiss-73.com/eg/presentation.htm

Sorted.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
La Fruitiere above La Daille. Not cheap though, but you knew that...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
For charming and rustic, edelweiss. For a classier, more modern take on the charming and rustic, La Fruitiere.

Personally, I'd go Fruitiere — wood panelled charming & rustic abounds in Val, but this is unique.

Sorry, never been to La Ferme, so can't say.

Joyeux anniversaire to the lucky Mrs!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1671857 discusses almost the same topic.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cheers to all so far!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mountainaddict, For the best pizzas in the Alps and traditional Savoyarde food, and great terrace in Tignes Les Brevieres.................http://www.armailly.com/

For a real nice lunch, but more expensive upstairs at the following Signal http://www.valdisererestaurant.com/localisation-gb.htm

Book at both.....................enjoy!!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
mountainaddict wrote:
Can anyone recommend a nice mountain restaurant for Mrs MA's birthday lunch, preferably at altitude?

Ideally this would be rustic and charming.....and not cost an arm and a leg, which I know may be pushing it in Espace Killy Laughing !

Actually, I'm not averse to paying for something decent (because she's worth it wink ) but have had past experience in France where we've felt not only fleeced but have had poor food and bad service.

Also, having perused Tignes' very good eating out brochure, I'm thinking of La Ferme at Lavachet for the birthday evening meal - any good??

Yes!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
In the interests of fair reportage, I visited Signal for lunch: two thumbs up from me! It's more restaurant-like in it's decor, and less hectic than Fruitiere.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
L'Ouillette in Solaise is also a very pretty spot. Chocolate box looks, good food and reasonably proces (for the area). Cracking terrace looking over the manchet valley.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dr John, stevomcd, they are both fab-

mountainaddict, the obvious solution is to go to both of them.

Edelwise is lovely with a very nice couple who own it- and great crumble.

La Fruitier is charming and slightly bonkers- Mrs Ed and I can't fault either.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Good food and very rustic is Le (La) Sachette (+33 4 79 06 40 32opposite the church in Tignes Les Brevieres. I know is not at altitude but when you're in there you wouldn't know. I'm assuming it still has the wooden frames on the walls that were used for holding animal feed.

L'Arolay again rustic & good food, just off main road in Le Fornet (+33 4 79 06 11 6Cool.

Edelweiss (+33 6 10 28 70 64) near the bottom of the Mangard piste near the bottom of Le Fornet is good food but not rustic and the tables are crammed in. If it's warm and sunny, sitting outside is fine but it does get very cold when there's no sun.

La Fruitiere I think is overrated, expensive and sterile (after all it was a dairy). Not even on my mobile phone now.

Le Signal, the small restaurant above the self service is very small, very expensive but you can have a relaxing 2 hour lunch there. Too expensive to be on my mobile phone.

Trifollet (+33 4 79 41 96 99) might be a good option, above La Daille on the piste and visible from the La Daille gondola.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
La Soli/L'Alpage at the top of the Chaudannes chairlift, out of Tignes Lavachet?

http://restaurant-tignes.com/
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Too expensive to be on my mobile phone

Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I will second Triffolet part way down the slope to La Dialle. Go upstairs.

Downstairs underneath Rosies at the bottom of La Daille used to be nice (haven't been recently). But was run by young couple and was atmospheric and cosy and lovely food.
snow report
"Good food and very rustic is Le (La) Sachette (+33 4 79 06 40 32opposite the church in Tignes Les Brevieres. I know is not at altitude but when you're in there you wouldn't know. I'm assuming it still has the wooden frames on the walls that were used for holding animal fee"

Echo Smile it is possibly my favourite restaurant for lunch in the area Smile Don't all stampede there on Monday though, we need a table!

"L'Arolay again rustic & good food, just off main road in Le Fornet"

Echo this too- nice place to go at night as well, lovely atmosphere and possibly the campest waiter on the planet Very Happy
snow report
Seing as you're planning a "romantic meal for 2" in the evening....

If you're after a superb location and are happy with unpisted itineries, try dropping off the back of the Cugnai lift - stunning terrain & skiing, down to the restaurant which only does basic food (nice cold-meat salads etc) but on a blue-sky day is one of the most impressive locations I can think of, and is never crowded.

It's the one on this map, above the wording "Le Manchet" which doesn't appear to show any runs accessing it http://www.valdisere.com/download/espace-killy_2011.pdf
ski holidays
geoffers, the Refuge Du Fond Des Fours (couple of nice pictures here) is quite a long ski from the roads of Val d'Isere so not ideal for an evening meal, unless you are suggesting staying overnight in the refuge. Did you perhaps mean the restaurant Les Clochetons which is in the flat valley floor between Santons (also Epaule du Charvet) piste and Val d'Isere?
snow report
Adrian, sorry if my post was misleading - I meant it to read that if the OP is planning to go for a slap up evening meal, the lunchtime spot should be more for the alpine experience rather than a posh meal. I was suggesting the restaurant in the back valley below Cugnai for its location (not actually the refuge FdF) - 'fraid I don't know its name.
snow conditions
Ah yes, geoffers, the area around the Refuge Du Fond Des Fours is quiet and has masses of Alpine charm. I think it would make a wonderful place for picnic or a modest lunch.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy