Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anybody used Rock and Rescue?

Poster: A snowHead
I bought what looks to be a bargain (ski jacket) but am now struggling to get hold of anyone at the company. I appreciate its been the Christmas break but on the otherhand I would have thought they would be answering the phone. Any experiences anyone?

Thanks in advance.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jakemanc, closed today... http://www.rockandrescue.co.uk/contact-us-i3 (and take your eyes of her, she's mine)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Bode, somehow missed that even though I scoured the site. Phew might just get the jacket in time for hols!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
jakemanc, are you really going on holiday in a hi-vis jacket?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
No, Bode Swiller, he's going as the Milk Tray man.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
salomon sideways jacket not a hi vis but very orange, paid 50 Quid less than anywhere else I could find it. A bit random being on that site I know.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bode Swiller. Yum!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I had problems with this company! Also see http://www.trustpilot.co.uk/review/www.rockandrescue.co.uk - I suggest you chase them up again.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
what a bizarre set of reviews either 1 star or 5 stars all from people with only 1 or two reviews each

I wonder whats happening there Toofy Grin

Did you get your jacket in the end?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
kevindonkleywood wrote:
what a bizarre set of reviews either 1 star or 5 stars all from people with only 1 or two reviews each

Always the first sign to run a mile!

I hope you get your jacket sorted mate.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have finally received a refund for a undelivered jacket but only after sending an email threatening to report them to Comanies House for trading whilst dissolving the company!!!
They eventually supplied ski trousers but the jacket (most expensive item) never followed and was put onto a separate order. When I tried to chase it up, they failed to respond to any emails or telephone messages. I finally sent the email threat on Saturday evening and within 30 minutes was given a refund!!! (So they definitely get the all of the emails!)
I would NEVER deal with this company again.

BTW, the 5-star reviews on trustpilot all refer to "some people just like to complain" - maybe not genuine??
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

BTW, the 5-star reviews on trustpilot all refer to "some people just like to complain" - maybe not genuine??

And likewise the one star ratings Puzzled
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks for all your responses.

I am yet to recieve my jacket, I ordered on the 30th Dec but the website says they only opened on the 5th of Dec so in all all they have not had a great deal of time to deal with it.

If they do somehow manage to send me it (which I doubt if the reports Dave60c linked are anything to go by) their customer service has still been awful, they have only answered about 2 in 50 calls, and not replied to email, voicemail or fax messages. I now suspect this company is in trouble and the House of Companies has their status as action to strike off which doesnt sound good.

Dave60c it would be interesting to know the content of your letter, do you know they are liquidating or is this an assumption.
How long were you chasing the order for? etc

Even if I am lucky and receive the jacket I would second what Dave said and I will never again use this company......EVER!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
HELP!

This is a bit cheeky, given that I've only joined the forum to ask for help on this specific thing. I've spent a lot of money at Rock and Rescue (doh! should have looked them up before) and am keen to reclaim through my credit card company.

Please could any provide details of where to find proof they're dissolving/gone etc.?

Many thanks!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ashgs, http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/338c49b0dc1659b7a2ecda5cc151884f/compdetails
latest report
Hells Bells, thanks - managed to find it myself too after playing with search options. Initial screen only tells you whether they have been dissolved or not - not pending!

Screenshot taken and sent to bank - forceful Twisted Evil email sent to Rock and Rescue.

Be warned everyone - order from them at your peril! Seems to be a difference between the service you get for small items and big items.
ski holidays
If you look at TrustPilot now, (http://www.trustpilot.co.uk/review/www.rockandrescue.co.uk) you would think that Rock and Rescue were now behaving themselves. However, maybe one should take these reviews with a pinch of salt and still be extremely cautious when dealing with R&R Laughing
ski holidays
I would still be careful. I tried to contact them 15+ times yesterday via phone and email to have no response at all. As soon as I threatened to inform Companies House they replied within 15 minutes claiming that their internet/phones had been down all day (conveniently right up until I sent the threatening email!) and that they were NOT the company with all the problems listed at Companies House - despite this being this being the only company listed called Rock and Rescue and it also being located in Durham!

They have said they have refunded my card - this will take a day or two to show up, but hopefully they have. They seemed pretty worried about being reported to Companies House/Trading Standards.

Thanks to dave60c and Hells Bells for all their help!
snow report
I received half an order & waited for the other half for 3 weeks before emailing them. it took 4 or 5 emails and another 2 weeks for a reply, they said they had refunded the payment. I checked my account and there was no trace! i've been emailing them for 2 weeks now with no reply!! Fraudsters!!!!
snow conditions
I am having mega problems with them. 4 weeks ago i ordered a coat, apparantly was in stock, the payment was taken from account. When 2 weeks later it wasnt despatched i tried to ring many times. I got through once only to be told it would be posted that evening. 
Since then ive not recieved it, the website says its awaiting despatch and all calls emails have been ignored. 
4 weeks later after reading about them i left yet another message informing them of my decision to report them to trading standards and lo and behold i get a call back straight away!! The call said it would be posted that evening, heard that before!! 
Complete fraudsters, buyer beware. 
snow report
dudes

lots of first posts
and already knowing their way around bold and font size and colours
all complaining about one company
sounds like a stitch up by their rivals
using snowheads like a biatch

ok bye
ski holidays
Really? i actually googled rock and rescue and your site came up with bad experiences. I thought id share mine. yes i admit ill prob never be on the site ever again but im just helpin out others. As for bold and fonts etc, im sorry i didnt realise this was the only forum in the world that used that format!!
Maybe you work for R&R and are on trying to discredit us???
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy