Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mid-range quality gloves?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've done a forum search, and Hestra seems to be really popular for glove recommendations, but everyone talks about Heli gloves and the like, which seem to be very much for people who are good and ski a lot. I'm probably going to be lucky to get two skiing trips a year, and maybe a dozen indoor-snow-centre trips, so I'm really not looking for anything at that level, and certainly nothing where the gloves would need maintenance!

Does anyone have any suggestions at all for gloves that would be suitable, but maybe costing somewhere between £50 and £70? I'm a low-intermediate skier, and I am more into skiing for the feeling of calm and elegant fun than the adrenaline junkie that most of you crazy people seem to be Wink

Advice much appreciated Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What about these? Great performance at Bargain Basement prices. For that price it's worth making the extra effort to treat the leather. I use Hestra Leatherbalm to treat my gloves.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You haven't got to spend hnudreds to buy Hestra, just type "Hestra Gloves" into Google shopping and loads of options come up within your price range: http://www.edgeandwax.co.uk/2002/products/Hestra_Czone_Sport_Glove.aspx?utm_source=Froogle&utm_medium=PriceComp&utm_term=Froogle&utm_content=None&utm_campaign=PriceComp1

Personally, I take a view that gloves are disposable, and that one reasonable pair of gloves with a backup pair in a bag/pocket is more glove than most people could ever need in the world. Spending £100 on a pair of gloves seems like madness to me.

Most of the people on this board aren't adrenaline junkies. Some of the vocal members are, but there's plenty in a similar position to you, so don't let it worry you Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
As you've been kind enough to respond rob@rar, maybe I'll quiz you further on Thursday afternoon when you'll be having the misfortune to try and improve my skiing!

They do look extremely interesting though ... and I'm always happy to try an off-the-wall recommendation. Thank you very much Smile

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 4-01-11 11:50; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Another decent option ... thanks, Monium. Good to know there are non-adrenaline junkies here too!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rob@rar, thanks Rob wink wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Another vote for Hestras, a couple of quid over your budget but I have these http://www.edgeandwax.co.uk/1990/products/Hestra_Leather_Ski_Cross_Glove_Black.aspx and they are fantastic, cost me about €60 in Val T last April.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hestra or Gordini all day long Smile
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm using Dakine Legacy gloves - my hands stay warm and toasty all day. Another great bit of kit is a Gelert hand warmer. I hang mine round my neck so that it heats the core, and huddled up on a chair lift it is very hot. 1 carbon stick burns for 6/7 hours.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy