Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fast tiger

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just in case no-one notices the signature line change...

Finally managed to get my NASTAR platinum medal today.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
little tiger, Congratulations Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kevindonkleywood, Thanks
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
little tiger, many congratulations. snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Congratulations snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sorry, I meant fast tiger.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Awesome Toofy Grin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
little tiger, well done... Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
little tiger, Congrats!!!!! Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
little tiger, congratulations. (No idea what it means, but I'm sure it's very good!)
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hurtle wrote:
little tiger, congratulations. (No idea what it means, but I'm sure it's very good!)

Ditto! Well done.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks everybody snowHead

Hurtle - just for you
Quote:
NASTAR is a handicap system. In theory you are handicapped back to a USA team member or recent member. At the moment I think it is Darron Rhalves or Steve Nymen.?
So theoretically I am skiing 24% slower than the top guy as my handicap is 24. In reality on a steep difficult course the top guys could make a lot more time on the rest of us but on a flatter slope they can only make so much time.

The medals are allocated based on your age and sex. A platinum medal is the top 5% in your category. Gold top 20% etc. They have a chart to determine this from last years results across all skiers.

So I'm now top 5% of women in my age group that race NASTAR or other races that are NASTAR scored.

Our good friend is an ex-racer. She skied all her life, was almost US team as a younger person, and I'm nipping on her heels.

The best bit is I am starting to get my head around 'line' a little better (well my eyes actually). I skied the round clean line I was told to ski, except for a tangle with a rut.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Well done! Platinum - wow!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy