Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

My Feet Hurt :-(

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just been out for a play at Hemel in preparation for a week or two's skiing now the season looks like it's here.

First few runs was fine; then I started developing a cramp like pain across the balls of my feet and my toes. I do have my own boots and vaguely remember a similar pain last year but not coming on as quickly as it did this time around. When I took my boots off it was most noticeable on the outside of my feet, big toe and index (?!) toe were fine but the other three felt like they had cramp even though I could just about move them.

Is this me or my boots?! How do I fix it - new linings/moulded footbeds?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sky High30
custom made footbeds will help, off the peg models may not provide the required support. the shell may also need modification work
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Custom made any body know where can get in the UK
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
sky_High30, if this is youer first time in your boots then it may just be getting back into that flexed position that your body doesn't like if you haven't stretched as much as you should.... sure a custom footbed may /will help but it may not be the complete answer, stretching for the calf, a heel raise in your boots or maybe some other modificatiosn could be required

good luck getting it sorted
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sky_High30, do you have the correct boots for your feet? Ie. chosen by bootfitter? I used to have this problem all the time when renting boots (in between having my own). Having veeery wide feet, I had to choose boot that were too large for my feet and thus offered no support. The 'correct' size would also inevitably make my feet hurt. After buying a pair pointed to by my bootfitter and having them widened, the pain is completely gone.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Update from me: This is now the least of my worries having dislocated my tibia and possibly torn my ACL in a high speed tactical sit down on Friday last week. No more skiing for me this winter Sad.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
sky_High30, Ouch. Much sympathy.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sky_High30, So sorry, hope you have a quick recovery.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I used to have this problem, got meself some custom footbeds and it´s much improved. I always seemed to get a bit of cramp in my feet when on a long T bar? Have a quick recovery, sounds painful.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I had the same issue really as SkiingDad, I have a problem when I tighten my boots too much across the arch which is a temptation esp if skiing something difficult. Also manage it with sock choice (fluffy and thick vs thin) - sounds ridiculous but true!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
sky_High30, I do not know if this is a medically advised solution or not. Everything is conjecture on my part, you can work it out yourself if it is good advice.

You can get ankle supports made out of neoprene. They apply pressure to the achilles tendon and to areas around the front of the foot which ensure that blood flow to the feet is more efficient than without them.

If you increase the blood flow to your feet you will probably find the problem is reduced. So if your boots are too tight, then you may want to try loosening them (or getting them stretched).

Do your feet feel better when you take your boots off and rub your feet? - That is because you are allowing and encouraging blood to flow to your feet.

You could also lift your feet above your waist. For example, go to a cafe and sit with your feet up and have a cup of hot soup.

Custom foot beds may help, or they may make it worse (if the problem is too tight ankle area in the boots which need stretching).

Do you have fat feet? What width of feet do you have?

When my feet were fatter (I was 30kg heavier when I got sore feet), I used to get sore feet when skiing especially on ribbed ice. I tried getting my boots stretched around the ankle. I tried footbeds. In the end, I found that if I wore pop socks (mini tights) instead of socks, the blood flow to my feet improved and the pain vanished. Tights are very good at evenly spreading pressure to the skin to improve blood flow to the legs and the feet. That is why "skins" were introduced for athletes in cold weather.

snowHead
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Post ski:

Take a tennis/hockey ball away with you. Stand up and Roll your foot accross it after a day of skiing. Generally far better and deeper then just rubbing your feet.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Have break before you go again then you can a ride as usual.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
sky_High30 are you sure you've got your balance right? If you're feeling the pain across the balls of your feet and toes, you may be balancing there instead of in the centre of your foot. The centre is where it's at.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy