Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

help needed re boot sizing confusion??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Am looking to buy my sons boots this year.

To get an idea of their sizes have looked at both my wifes boots and my own.

My confusion relates to the numbers stamped into the boot instep.

My wifes boots states 26/26.5 and 307mm with a sticker on the back stating UK 7.5

Mine appear to have 260/265 stamped under the sole and 305mm stamped on the instep.

In shoes she is a 6.5 and I am an 8!!

How do those numbers work!!!

( PS I've had my boots for 3 years and are delightfully comfy so no jokes about me having the wrong size!! )

Just as an aside there is a badge on the back of mine stating C104 last. Does this mean its a soft/beginner boot and should I look for something stiffer next time?

thanks all

Rich
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
the big mm number is the BSL (boot sole length) and is used to mount the bindings on the skis in the correct position for your boots.

The 26/26.5 are the mondo point size of your boots. the mondo point size is a wonderful non complicated sizing system for footwear, its the length of your foot from the heel to the tip of your toes in Cm's

Sounds like she has been given some 'comfort fit' boots Toofy Grin

I would strongly reccomend that you seek a professional bootfitter
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Above poster is correct, although its worth pointing out that a 26/26.5 Mondo point would indicate that the shell for the boot is the same size (i.e. the same bsl) regardless of what size boot(26 or 26.5) is purchased. It works like this for almost every boot company and allows them to just change liner thickness for half sizes instead of having a different shell for every half size. i.e. the 26.5 is the same shell as the 26 but with a thiner liner to make the boot feel 'bigger'.

Its not at all unusual (infact the opposite) to wear boots a size or even two sizes smaller than you usually wear shoes. My boots are 2 sizes smaller than my shoes for example. Its very possible that your boots are a size 6.5 and fit you well!

Finally, 104 last is the width of the boot in mm. i.e. 104mm in your case. Nothing to do with the stiffness. Although 104mm is wide its not necessarily a beginners boot, you might just have wide feet.

Oh and x2 on the bootfitter part next time.
Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy