Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Time for the 1st Pandora of the New Year

Poster: A snowHead
OK then, enough is enough.

Time to Throw A Pandora (vent my spleen) at the (IMO) wrong-doers of this world.

In no particular order

The French Government for not sending me a personal letter informing me of the new Reims by-pass, which my car’s GPS thought was very funny and so it took me on a very strange tour of the area prior to getting me back on route – that’s half an hour of my life that I’ll never see again.

The people of Venice and, in particular, the café owners in St Mark’s Square, who charged me €20 for 2 cappuccinos a few days ago.

Bailo (ski uniform makers) and the AMSI (the Italian BASI) who decided to create new uniforms for all ski instructors round the top end of italy (nowt wrong with that) and then only make half as many Fleece jackets. AND then try and get out of it by saying the rest will be here in May.

I am sure there will be more to follow.

Shocking rolling eyes
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
And breathe.........................................

You need to do better than that to 'do a Pandora' !! Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wayne, It's all shocking and terrible. I'm dialling admin as I type in the hope we can get a fund going for you asap. Keep strong.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
e17phil wrote:
You need to do better than that to 'do a Pandora' !! Very Happy
Yes, most of the classic Pandoradigms are missing - no public character assassination of people in no position to defend themselves, no natural phenomena like... err... the weather, no wailing babies and no starvation. He could have done better.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wayne, As someone who has obviously spent some time in Italy, I would have thought that you would already know not to buy any drink (or food) in a tourist attraction like St Mark's Square. If you go away from the square to some of the backstreets you'll find much more reasonably priced places to get a coffee.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Alastair Pink wrote:
WayneIf you go away from the square to some of the backstreets you'll find much more reasonably priced places to get a coffee.
you don't go to Venice to sip coffee in a back street though eh?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bode Swiller wrote:
Alastair Pink wrote:
WayneIf you go away from the square to some of the backstreets you'll find much more reasonably priced places to get a coffee.

You obviously don't realise I was born in Scotland! wink Toofy Grin
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Wayne, They're doing better with the Pandoraisms on the current Easyjet thread wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Alastair Pink wrote:
Bode Swiller wrote:
Alastair Pink wrote:

You obviously don't realise I was born in Scotland! wink Toofy Grin

and Birmingham has plenty of canals so why waste the air fare.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
genepi wrote:
Wayne, They're doing better with the Pandoraisms on the current Easyjet thread wink
yes, you mean the if-you-don't-get-off-this-overweight-plane-and-we-try-to-take-off-we'll-all-die thread.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Pandora Rocked!!!!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

The French Government for not sending me a personal letter informing me of the new Reims by-pass, which my car’s GPS thought was very funny and so it took me on a very strange tour of the area prior to getting me back on route – that’s half an hour of my life that I’ll never see again.

Puzzled Wayne, who needs a sat nav when there are at least a dozen enormous blue signs telling you exactly where you want to go? And a more assiduous reading of snowheads would have told you all you need to know about the opening of the new bypass. wink
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
pam w, this is no time for common sense! the man is throwing a pandora ffs!!!! Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
pam w wrote:
who needs a sat nav when there are at least a dozen enormous blue signs telling you exactly where you want to go?

and what's the point of em ...... all written is some language that no one (well me anyway) speaks.

Oh and I was in Venice as whizzed over for new year's party. Dead good except
not really a Pandora but ......
There was some git in a clown costume on stage singing "I did it my way" .... now then .... come on. Who needs that sort of thing going on, anywhere.

Grrrrrrrrr Mad
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Wayne, Theres a new Lyon bypass route opening shortly as well wink
snow conditions
Quote:

and what's the point of em ...... all written is some language that no one (well me anyway) speaks

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing really complicated words like "Lyon" "Bourg en Bresse" with damn great arrows. Tricky stuff, Wayne.
ski holidays
Actually, I haven't seen the Pandora thread for quite a while.

Anyone want to bump it? Happy
snow report
Quote:

Anyone want to bump it?

No, I think this one has a way to run yet. wink
snow report
Wayne wrote:
There was some git in a clown costume on stage singing "I did it my way" .... now then .... come on. Who needs that sort of thing going on, anywhere.

Grrrrrrrrr Mad

So, when I'm in your ski class in 3 weeks time, you won't mind if I sing (badly) the same song??
snow report
mustdash wrote:
So, when I'm in your ski class in 3 weeks time, you won't mind if I sing (badly) the same song??

That’s a little presumptuous Toofy Grin

There are loads of UK people here at the moment and, except for the 1st class in the morning, I have been teaching all classes in Italian all week.

I found out yesterday that the reason I ain’t allocated to English speaking classes is that I haven’t passed the language certification that you need round here. Go figure
snow conditions
Wayne wrote:
mustdash wrote:

That’s a little presumptuous Toofy Grin

There are loads of UK people here at the moment and, except for the 1st class in the morning, I have been teaching all classes in Italian all week.

I found out yesterday that the reason I ain’t allocated to English speaking classes is that I haven’t passed the language certification that you need round here. Go figure

Confused
When I spoke to you on the phone the other week you said I was in your class....... And here was me starting to warm up my vocal chords! Damn!
snow conditions
Quote:

So when do you plan to sit the exam??!!
snow conditions
Wayne wrote:
The people of Venice and, in particular, the café owners in St Mark’s Square, who charged me €20 for 2 cappuccinos a few days ago.

Cafe owners in charging extortionate prices in area extremely popular with tourists shocker Laughing
snow report
scotia, Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
CaurnieBred wrote:
So when do you plan to sit the exam??!!

I’d probably fail it
Toofy Grin

scotia wrote:
Cafe owners in charging extortionate prices in area extremely popular with tourists shocker Laughing

May they burn in hell and have spots and their children all be fat, oh and whilst we're on the subject.... a pox on their house and ......

Oh, but of course being a Pandora I am posting this altruistically, so it doesn’t happen to anyone else in the future. Goes without saying that, don’t it wink

I feel it is in the public good to vent my fury publically and, following this I assume that the French government will take heed and alter their motorway system so it again agrees with my (out of date) GPS, and that the good folk of Venice will drive out those who saw me (for what I really, a gullible tourist) as a quick buck generator…..etc, etc.

Grrrrrrrr
snow conditions
Oi you, Audi drivers.

We “could” all drive 2m behind the car in front on Italian motorways – but we don’t.

What’s all that about then.

Pack it in.

It used to be BMW's but now .......
snow report
Wayne, they do that on French and Uk motorways too. I also thought it was just BMW drivers, but the infection seems to be spreading.
snow report
Quote:

Oi you, Audi drivers.

We “could” all drive 2m behind the car in front on Italian motorways – but we don’t.

2M jeez, being an audi driver it's customary to drive 2cm behind the car in front as :-

1. It's significantly more fuel efficient (on both cars I might add)
2. If the car in front brakes, I don't need to as I'll just gently nudge up and then utilise their braking effort to slow me down.
And finally 3. The car in front merely extends my crumple zone as anything other than volvos will be built less solidly than by 190,000miler A6 estate.

Twisted Evil
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy