Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which Skis to Hire - Intermediate Female

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Need to organise my ski hire and reckoned I'm at the stage I should put a bit more thought into this rather than my previous "I'll take what they give me" approach.

Female, 5'4 average build. I'd probably describe my skiing as verging on upper intermediate - this will be week 9 on the slopes, mostly cruise the reds and blues with the odd black/very small mogul field thrown in for a bit of an adrenaline rush! I enjoy clocking up the miles, trying to improve my carving. Not especially fast, though I know that I need to start increasing the speed a bit this year to improve further. Unless I take a lesson I don't really go in for off-piste other than bunny-jumping the mounds between 2 pistes.

On the website I'm looking at they are offering Salomon Origins Crystal 10, Rossignol Alias W or Salomon Focus in the "silver" range.

Alternatively if I was to upgrade to the "Gold" they have Rossignol Attraxion and Volkl Ativa on offer.

Any thoughts or recommendations from those in the know?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've just come back from Tignes having hired the Rossignol Attraxions and loved them so much I'm seriously considering buying a pair! And spookily I hired the Volkl Ativa in Wengen last year and while they suited the soft conditions there at the time, I think I'd find them too heavy in better snow. I'm no expert mind, so maybe book 'Gold' then take their advice on the exact pair according to the conditions when you're there.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have Attraxions (Attraxion 6, several years old, garish red graphics with mirrors rolling eyes bought second hand). They're excellent. But be aware that there is a range of Attraxions, not just one model).

I think Nightcap's advice is good. Book gold, then maybe try a few different ones during the week.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
dkirkuk wrote:
On the website I'm looking at they are offering Salomon Origins Crystal 10, Rossignol Alias W or Salomon Focus in the "silver" range.

Alternatively if I was to upgrade to the "Gold" they have Rossignol Attraxion and Volkl Ativa on offer.

And I bet it says "or equivalent". So you might get anything.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I hired the latest 2011 Attraxion iii (Not 'Echo')

http://www.rossignol.com/GB/GB/attraxion-iii_RA0EG02_product_ski-women-skis-all-mountain.html
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy