Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Black Diamond Quadrant

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Boot Fitters and those in the know...*

Thinking about changing my boots - currently Scarpa Tornado Pro. Looking at the Quadrants... Few questions are they compatible with Alpine Bindings, current research says yes and no Shocked This is the clincher - unless i look at the Markers either Baron or the New 12/10s... (any thoughts on the latter - as robust as the duke/baron?)

They need to be alpine compatible as i dont do enough 'true touring' at the moment. Very content to lift serve, boot back, scramble and rapell if required. Hence why the Tornados have served me well, they are now up for replacement... not enough grip or flex in walk mode for the longer slogs to get that first line snowHead I know i can change the liners (another topic perhaps?) and also the soles - but figure ill settle for some new boots...

Anyone got any experience with the fit? i find the Scarpas mostly comfortable after tweaking when the liner is warmed up, but when cranked tight and skiied hard pressure points along the side of my feet and occasional numb big toes Sad oddly this isnt every time just when the tweaking hasnt got it right, very much suspect new liners and another boot fitting session will cure but ... the quardrants have my interest.

So, whats the fit like? are they alpine compatible (Marker and STH)

*ive read the article over at http://www.coreshot.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=122&Itemid=48 linked from a previous post and note that the bulk of skis have alpine bindings fitted... and also http://www.wildsnow.com/2335/black-diamond-efficient-boots/ suggets that the extra room in the toe box may help my cold toe problem. Ive read reviews all over and turn to the snowHead

Cheers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Possibly the worst boot ever designed or made IMO.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
Possibly the worst boot ever designed or made IMO.

Was hoping that you would pop along - being one of those in the know Toofy Grin

What makes them so bad?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
matricks, I was with a boot fitter yesterday who was wearing them, he really liked them. Points that he found great: amazing range of movement, very light and non-removable sole. He didn't like the fwd lean but that's a matter of opinion. And if they fit.

AT only.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
parlor wrote:
matricks, I was with a boot fitter yesterday who was wearing them, he really liked them. Points that he found great: amazing range of movement, very light and non-removable sole. He didn't like the fwd lean but that's a matter of opinion. And if they fit.

AT only.

Along pops another in the know... Much Obliged.

Well that kind of squares the field, AT only.. So Marker it is then.

Anyone any thoughts on the F12/10 Vs Duke/ Baron? Suspect they are to 'flimsy' so Barons are looking good...

This is starting to add up... Going green
Liberty Double Helix... Very Happy
BD Quadrant... Very Happy
Barons... Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Already heard first hand of someone who has broken a Marker FT12, right in front of the pivot point - normal stride, steepish skin track. I stood by the construction on here a few months ago after some people called them flimsy, I didn't think they look any worse than some other AT bindings. You should just get the Barons and lift more weights at the gym...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
parlor, Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
clarky999, I still don't think they look "worse" than any of the original Titinals. Time will tell. Wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
matricks, Poor fit and shape, terrible plastic quality, buckles collapse the boot over the instep and forefoot.
On the plus side they are light and fairly stiff, but I think they have been made by Aldi, rather than BD, so again, IMO a pile of shite.

That said, I have 4 pairs here still, given to us by the nice people at BD, 26 27 and 28, met me know if you want a pair, will send them to you.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
matricks, Poor fit and shape, terrible plastic quality, buckles collapse the boot over the instep and forefoot.
On the plus side they are light and fairly stiff, but I think they have been made by Aldi, rather than BD, so again, IMO a pile of shite.

That said, I have 4 pairs here still, given to us by the nice people at BD, 26 27 and 28, met me know if you want a pair, will send them to you.

Hmm,

Not a raving review then... and ive read somewhere else about the front buckles collapsing the boot over the instep, but other reviews indicate my foot shape may be suitable... So...That said if the nice people at BD gave you a few pairs - would you mind awfully giving me the 28s Toofy Grin ... its for a good cause!

snowHead
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
matricks, 300€ + shipping. Supplied with awesome thermo hard liner from Palau.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy