Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Thorens car parking

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone know if the big open air car parks down near the bottom of Moutiere/Caron/Cairn etc are still free in the winter or are they charging €13 a day there as per the covered car parks up high??

Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
offpisteskiing, 60 euros for a week according to http://www.valthorens.com/winter-en/val-thorens/resort-and-useful-information/car-parking.26.html

it's only a few euors more for covered parking if you book online or in advance
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
just up for a day... sadly the valtho site is pretty slim on info (as in where the actual car parks are)... have always parked down the bottom in the past, but gather they have tightened things up since then
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There's a free car open air, roadside car park at Les Menuires. It's on the the right side of the main road as you drive up. You can ski to and from it too. We've used it a couple of times when stying in Val T.

Will suss out more precise details if any interest - Bergemeister's hire car is there even as I type, so I can text him to provide better directions if required.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Went over there today on the Plein Sud lift - the open air car park looked like it was barrier entry/exit which suggests they do charge.

When I came back over to Orelle yesterday, a guy was skiing down with a big bag - can't believe he was putting himself through that to park in the free Orelle car park Puzzled
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Maybe he was avoiding a 3 hour car journey, or a 12 hour train/bus ride.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Fair point - wow I've had some close shaves getting he last lift over having spent too long skiing and lunching in Courchevel ! Never mind not the end of the world having to have a night out in VT if it ever came to it . . . . . .
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
As stated above, we usually park at Les Menuires next to the lifts to La Masse.

The car park is uncovered, free of charge and has been extended this year. There was loads of space at New year and it's (more or less) ski in/ski out Very Happy

I'm not entirely sure about the car park at Cairn/Caron in Val T. I don't think there's a barrier on it so, in principle, it should be ok to park there for a week.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy