Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski sunday

Poster: A snowHead
starts 9 jan 5 pm Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
So, it misses some of the big pre-Christmas races. Excellent.

Will Roland Rivron be doing an item this season?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Can never quite work out why they start it right into January
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I was just wondering this morning when it would be starting.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It starts just as I get back from skiing. Brilliant. rolling eyes rolling eyes
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Is it a good use of the license fee?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kevin mcclean wrote:
Is it a good use of the license fee?

Matter of opinion, clearly- I'd say so as it's entertaining but wouldn't take much to have a little roundup of some of the December events
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
One could apply the principle of utility here..........
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
45 mins as well. showing some snowboarding events as well as sking. and then ski race coverage on the red button. i supose there will be skiers who say it should`nt inclued snowboarding but theres something for everyone and plenty of ski racing on the red buton. being a boarder i prefer the snowboarding , but still enjoy the skiing. would be better if it started before new year .
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
plenty on Eurosport recently
have just been watching The Parallel Slalom event from Munich

would have been nice to see it on the Beeb though
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
predictable rubbish - bring back High Altitude Little Angel
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Agreed with rayscoops, Ski Sunday used to be interesting when they didn't only cover the previous weeks races. Now, it's just 30 minutes of ski racing I could be watching on Eurosport!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
LakeChuutes, but a precious morsel for those of us who don't have Eurosport.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rayscoops, why did they stop making high altitude? i loved that program.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
queen bodecia, yes, sorry, I didn't think about that! However, did you not prefer it when they were trying out new gear, teaching people to ski? Just skiing some awesome powder and off piste tracks?
snow report
queen bodecia, there's been a link posted recently (today?) where you can see stuff streamed from the eurosport channel. i take it you have broadband?
snow conditions
Ricklovesthepowder, no idea, but I feel there is a gap in the market for a magazine style snow sports prog in lieu of ski racing, sort of Top Gear equivalent on snow
ski holidays
sherlock235, it didn't work on my previous computer as the OS and browser were too old, but it might work on the new one.

LakeChuutes, I wasn't really bothered about gear reviews as they always seemed really basic (far better information on here) and the whole High Altitude style stuff just seemed like an opportunity for Graham and Ed to get paid for being crazy, nice work if you can get it. But I agree an all-round programme covering a bit of everything is better. However, I really miss not seeing the racing, the season is half done by the time Ski Sunday gets going.
snow report
Is it in HD? Been watching eurosportHD and mountain sports seem to have been created dor HD, stunning stuff!
snow conditions
I liked it when it was 30 mins of racing early Sunday evening, then 30 minutes-45 minutes of High Altitude at 9pm.
I am a fan of topgear, and high altitude was the snow equivalent. They did some really cool stuff and it made me crave for the mountain. Ski racing on the other hand does not have the same effect on me. I like it, but if I wanted to get the mountain juices flowing, then high Altitude wins hands down.

Cheers
Smag
snow report
These are the best magazine style videos i have seen http://www.snowfix.tv/video/snowfix-99-the-best-of-snowfix-season-4/

Probably a bit too freestyle focused for some, but they are good fun and always get me in mood to hit the slopes. There are about 100 episodes available for free on itunes.

Pitty they have stopped making them...
ski holidays
rayscoops wrote:
Ricklovesthepowder, no idea, but I feel there is a gap in the market for a magazine style snow sports prog in lieu of ski racing, sort of Top Gear equivalent on snow

They should give Clarkson a few million and tell him to go make Top Ski.
snow conditions
Ricklovesthepowder wrote:
rayscoops, why did they stop making high altitude? i loved that program.

Wasn't it something to do with new lady controller at BBC2 that was trimming all the stuff aimed more at the male 18-35 demographic, rather than the entire demographic? Top Gear survives but only 6ep/series, and presumably with much larger viewing stats. Probably pure rumour, but if not they no doubt hid it behind another reason of "costs in this economic climate". Doesn't stop them moving it to BBC3 or elsewhere.
ski holidays
A thread from SCUK including a response from Ed Leigh (Nov 09):

http://www.snowboardclub.co.uk/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=36384&highlight=high+altitude+bbc

"Hello all,
Nick how you going? Dunc sent me the link so I figured seeing as you've all shown such interest you deserve a reply. Sadly the show has been canned, a new controller stepped in for BBC2 in May and coming from BBC4 we were seen as bit laddy and low brow for her, plus in her defence there are hundreds of shows waiting for their shot all the time and she went with last in, first out.

On the up side there will be a two one offs, one I watched yesterday that would have been the first episode of this winters series (because of the Olympics we needed to get going early) but then got canned so it's now a stand alone called Arctic Man, Go Fast or Go Home and I'm pretty pleased with that.

The other one is a much more 'high brow' exploration of British Columbia as a back ground build up to the Olympics, I think in a bid to show the new controller we can do mature. Should be interesting...

Obviously I'm gutted, it was the dream job, but at the same time I still feel very lucky to have shot one episode let alone a whole series."
snow conditions
First time I've watched it in a while but Ski Sunday was as dull as ditchwater ... actually duller in fact because at least ditchwater is accessible to your average Joe. Even though I admired the ballsiness of the Wengen downhillers tonight, there was nothing that told me about Wengen, snow conditions, the profile of the mountains, a bimble around the resort perhaps, best ski runs, neighbouring resorts etc etc. Like MotoGP, F1, track athletics et al, unless you're an armchair technical enthusiast of races, they're all a bit crap to watch on a screen, especially as edited highlights after the event.

Skiing is a participation activity & unless a TV prog about sking has got something to appeal to me as a participant, there's not enough to make me watch it.
latest report
I liked High Altitude, but there seemed a very vocal number who complained that not enough racing was shown in the original format, so they sensibly split it into two programmes, which worked very well. As much as I like watching the racing, the magazine programme was much more interesting and something that we could all relate to much more to an extent, so it was a pity it got canned.
ski holidays
Whitters, +1

Did like the footage from the chopper above the racers though. Shocked they really where shifting. I cant believe these professional racers, I am mucher better than them

Cheers
Smag
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy