Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs Ski Rental

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am in Les Arcs at the end of the month and what to try out the Fischer Watea 84 on rental. Anyone know which shop would be best for this? I know Intersport don't stock it.

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bit of a bump for this...... and a question from me.

Any recommendations for ski hire shops in Arcs 1800? Will be going for intermediate level skis, and skis/boots for Jnr. Good service/quality of kit preferable, but good value also appreciated.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hammerite, Ski set online hire are the best value in Arc 1800, not sure about quality. Just google there web site and book online. Anyone had experience of them?

ernie, I will ask around and if I find anywhere I will post it here. Not tried them myself.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks, it's mainly skiset I've checked prices for already so that's good.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi all, my other half and I are hitting Les Arcs the first week of March with a bunch of friends. He's got one week of skiing under his belt as do I but I got on a bit better because I had some experience snowboarding while living in Japan.

So this trip is our second Alpine ski adventure, we went to visit seasonaire friends in St Anton last year - wonderful place, though not ideal for complete beginners, we still had a ball.

I'm looking for ski rental and ski school recommendations. We'll probably opt for a week of group lessons.

Thanks!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rbmcgovern, I would definitely recommend Spirit 1950, they are based in Les Arcs 1950 but are not the typical french ski school, the instructors are great and are always up for a laugh and tend to keep things very smooth and relaxed....

ernie, you could try precision ski in Arc 1950 and there is Sport 2000 in Arc 2000, both of the villages can be accessed by the slops but as you have no skis it probably a better idea to get the free bus, think it goes every 20 - 30 mins from 1600!

Have a great time!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rbmcgovern, which les arcs village are you staying in?

welcome to snowheads!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
hammerite, ski set are good and online booking works well but be sure to choose the shop nearest your accommodation. The cheapest in 1800 is popcorn. If you are going peak weeks then book, if not you can get great deal just turning up if there are a few of you..they do bogof type deals.
rbmcgovern, in 1800 I think arc adventures (arc aventures) are the best. I think they operate in 1600 and 2000 as well.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Nice post!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I was in Les Arcs 2000 in January. I hired from Intersport. I paid for the "Gold All Mountain" skis, 76Euro without boots. The Skis I got were Dynastar CR-72. They were practically brand new and I liked them very much. I cannot give a technical review as I am clueless.

The service was excellent and very friendly. My wife and daughter hired boots and they were fitted in a professional and relaxed manner.

latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy