Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Why didn't I ski well then ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I raced yesterday at Bromley, and did not perform well.

My excuse is that I haven't done much skiing for myself for the last month or so.... but I wondered what Snoheads, without the distraction of actually seeing me ski would say..so come on then, why was I so bad ? and what can I do to perform better next time ?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ski, if skiing's already in your muscles, then the problem is in your head.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ski, damn it, but I think Fox may be right.

I get like that on my mountainbike, some days you feel like the bikes an extension of yourself, and you can nail the downhill and technical climbs without too much problem. Other days you feel all awkward and unbalanced, keep stopping or having to dab where you usually fly through.

You need to get your race head on. Confident, relaxed, focused. Warm up a bit, look at the run, see yourself doing the run well, try to feel what your body will be doing on each turn, then do it just how you imagined it - don't think about the technical side, just follow the line you want to.

Trust the force young (or possibly middle aged) padawan. wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I agree with Wear The Fox Hat. Try reading Inner Skiing. I find it really useful. There was a thread on it a couple of months ago http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=6086&highlight=inner+skiing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wear The Fox Hat, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

beanie1, I should imagine that ski, as a full time, professional instructor will have already read it! wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ski, I'll answer you if you can tell me what I'm doing wrong with my off piste skiing (without seeing me) NehNeh wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ski wrote:
I raced yesterday at Bromley, and did not perform well.

My excuse is that I haven't done much skiing for myself for the last month or so.... but I wondered what Snoheads, without the distraction of actually seeing me ski would say..so come on then, why was I so bad ? and what can I do to perform better next time ?

I can't help thinking there was something wrong with the tune on your snowblades.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Everyone - good thoughts, thanks ! snowHead
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

the tune on your snowblades

Best one? Turn, Turn, Turn (The Byrds).
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
i always board well on day 1 and 2 after that the hangovers kick in and its gets harder.. dont fight it, drink more
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
D G Orf, I thought about you - see WTFH's comments - get your Race head on.... Twisted Evil
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ski, I have the same problem with my rowing. But the answer's not just a case of
Quote:
get your Race head on

I find it's mind AND body and that both need consistent reminders of how to perform at race level. I could do no training at all and still "think" my way into the right frame of mind and guaranteed it won't lead to a first place medal. Similarly, I could go out for gentle paddles on the river every day for a few weeks before a race and still psych my mind up, but it won't work either.

No matter how fit you are, if your race-specific muscles haven't been trained to become familiar with the workload required at race pace, they are unlikely to be able to suddenly step up the mark on the day....

It's a matter of actually doing sufficent training at race pace during the leadup to the race in order to build race-specific muscle memory, and also getting your race brain engaged on the day.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy