Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Animal Ski wear

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey all, was doing a bit of christmas shopping and i noticed some nice ski gear in the animal shop. Went online to do a bit of reasearch as it struck me as very thin. Now i know that there have been big advances, but reading online it describes it as an 'outer shell' and states that you need at least 3 layers. So, in my mind it seems that this is just the water resistaint layer (pants too) and will not have any real insualting proeprties. I wanted to update my ski gear this year (only due to vanity) but to be honest nothing seems to cacth my eye stlye wise, and if it does its stupidly expensie. Anyway, real question is anyone use animal ski gear? It it warm? Does it last? Worth buying? Thanks. I have linked below what im looking at buying.

http://shop.animal.co.uk/mens-jackets/juggernaut-jacket/invt/wv803j81/

http://shop.animal.co.uk/mens-pants/prowler-pant/invt/wv814j39/

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have an animal ski jacket and find it great light but warm would def buy thier gear again
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have a pair of the Prowler Pants, and I really like them, have never used an Animal Jacket.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks, so they keep you warm even in colder temperatures? As im off in feb which im worried will mean i freeze my legs /back bottom off!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've only worn them last season in Sestriere in April (last week of season) with temps no lower than -4, but had absolutely no issues, and I wasn't wearing any thermals. They were a lot better than my old salopettes (TK Maxx purchase, not sure what brand) which I wore in Finland in -20 and beyond, so I'm confident the prowler pants will be fine.

I leave for Alpe D'Huez in a week, so I can let you know how I coped when I get back.

But the Pants are more than just an outer shell, they definitely have some insulating properties.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
StevenH72 wrote:
I've only worn them last season in Sestriere in April (last week of season) with temps no lower than -4, but had absolutely no issues, and I wasn't wearing any thermals. They were a lot better than my old salopettes (TK Maxx purchase, not sure what brand) which I wore in Finland in -20 and beyond, so I'm confident the prowler pants will be fine.

I leave for Alpe D'Huez in a week, so I can let you know how I coped when I get back.

But the Pants are more than just an outer shell, they definitely have some insulating properties.

Thanks thats great to know - i ahve 2 weeks in april this year, but also feb, so as im getting some new gear i want to make sure it will do for cold temperatures, particulary as i want to go to canada next season in -20 odd!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'd think that they are pretty similar to the Quicksilver gear? Just an assumption though..
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy