Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SKGB Rep FAIL

Poster: A snowHead
Saw a great thing in Obergurgl last week! picture the scene:

Top of gondala in Hochgurgl, Ski Club of Great Britain Rep replete in his Land Rover Logoed gear. Give a lecture to his group about what they will do and where they will go. Finshes his speach then grabs his poles and launches hiself up inth the air and tries to flashily jump straight into his bindings ( a move he must have pricticed over and over at Rep School) only to miss judge it and land in a crumpled heap. I dont know which was funniest, his embaressment or the sight of the group trying not to snigger.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hahaha! thats brilliant! Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?

http://youtube.com/v/oR_T1YNc34I&feature=player_detailpage
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
globalbagtag.com wrote:
..... I dont know which was funniest, his embaressment or the sight of the group trying not to snigger.

If they really were truying not to laugh, the SCGB has changed a lot since the days when I used to ski with the reps. Or did you really not see the group?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
achilles wrote:
globalbagtag.com wrote:
..... I dont know which was funniest, his embaressment or the sight of the group trying not to snigger.

If they really were truying not to laugh, the SCGB has changed a lot since the days when I used to ski with the reps. Or did you really not see the group?

Yes, something not quite right - can't imagine anyone needing to or trying to surpress laughter and ridicule. I would have ripped the p155 out of him for the entire week.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I certainly remember lots of snowHeads laughing at a certain medical snowHead failing to do the same in Wengen.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stoatsbrother wrote:
I certainly remember lots of snowHeads laughing at a certain medical snowHead failing to do the same in Wengen.

.... yes but that was after a gazillion beers - a running jump at speed- from a height of 3 feet over a rose bed - with skis at right-angles and with skis firmly placed on gravel iirc snowHead
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stoatsbrother, I remember a certain medical snowhead being launched out of his skis into the off piste last season. Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
geepee, . I like to test my bindings properly...

Agenterre, points for technical difficulty were certainly awarded. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Not too sure we should be talking about SCGB, as that is NOT the new uniform (bright Blue all over) and futher more he would be hung for wearing that hat! Suspect he might be a holiday company rep (Clowns on Snow??)
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dypcdiver, the video is not of the SCGB incident.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
holidayloverxx, Embarassed I was reading too fast.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Dypcdiver, made me laugh, though Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
What a dick. I'd say anyone trying to do that is a dick. A dick who doesn't give a damn about his bindings. Must have been a very good spectacle for the onlookers, though. Laughing
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Steady Pam, he was only trying to look like a t.w.a.t..........
ski holidays
globalbagtag.com wrote:

Top of gondala in Hochgurgl, Ski Club of Great Britain Rep replete in his Land Rover Logoed gear. Give a lecture to his group about what they will do and where they will go. Finshes his speach then grabs his poles and launches hiself up inth the air and tries to flashily jump straight into his bindings ( a move he must have pricticed over and over at Rep School) only to miss judge it and land in a crumpled heap. I dont know which was funniest, his embaressment or the sight of the group trying not to snigger.

Was this the leader in question?:-

http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/reps/rep.aspx?repID=157412
ski holidays
Cool as a bucket of s--t. Agree with Dypcdiver about the hat. Would be reluctant to ski with anyone wearing such a piece of millinery - raises serious questions about their judgement (as does this little stunt) Might make allowances were it their birthday or something.
snow report
RUGBY PETER wrote:
Cool as a bucket of s--t. Agree with Dypcdiver about the hat. Would be reluctant to ski with anyone wearing such a piece of millinery - raises serious questions about their judgement (as does this little stunt) Might make allowances were it their birthday or something.

the video is not of the scgb leader.
ski holidays
skir67 wrote:
globalbagtag.com wrote:

Was this the leader in question?:-

http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/reps/rep.aspx?repID=157412

Yes that is the one!
snow conditions
skir67, Didn't say it was and makes no difference - the hat and poorly executed stunt tells me all I need to know about this person! I would never do anything like that...
ski holidays
How can it ever make sense to jump into your bindings?
If it works, you look like a t.w.a.t.
If it doesn't work, you look like a t.w.a.t. who's fallen over.
ski holidays
Bet we all try it though - apart from Alex Heney who wouldn't dream of being so reckless.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sun 2-01-11 23:43; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Higs, Dunno, if it works it's pretty good but for me it's a big if and best done in private.
latest report
I am very good at flying out of my bindings
snow conditions
Laughing me too. I once dived down a sudden incline I'd not seen, and dug both tips deep in the powder, flew out of the bindings leaving the skis parked very prettily, upright and parallel. that would have been a good video - even better played backwards. Fortunately nobody was there with a camera.

I am definitely not going to try jumping into my bindings.
snow conditions
Do you think they'll write to all the reps (err... sorry, I mean leaders) and issue new guidelines? Only jumping from a little way up etc.
snow conditions
I have also seem my SCGB rep (sorry leader) fly out of her bindings at high speed.
latest report
Bode Swiller wrote:
Bet we all try it though.

I wouldn't dream of trying anything so bloody stupid.

Anybody who might try it must be made of money, to have such a disregard for an expensive piece of kit.

I certainly couldn't afford to risk breaking them for such a trivial bit of "fun".
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
What very odd behaviour - not to mention a very odd hat. It seems inconceivable that he held down a very responsible job. He should be struck off. I might consider not renewing my membership next season. This sort of behaviour gives the SCGB a bad name Toofy Grin
snow report
In my opinion, anyone who can reliably jump into their bindings and ski off, is cool.

It is a very hard thing to do, but non the less, do-able.
snow conditions
snowbandit wrote:
What very odd behaviour - not to mention a very odd hat. It seems inconceivable that he held down a very responsible job. He should be struck off. I might consider not renewing my membership next season. This sort of behaviour gives the SCGB a bad name Toofy Grin

Can you feckin' read?
ski holidays
Everyone calm down...they are only hire skis!
snow report
the hat is silly though Little Angel
snow report

http://youtube.com/v/EHYFBSxFupU
looks cool to me
snow report

http://youtube.com/v/ndDMEmxixQs&NR=1
not so here
snow conditions
not very good for your bindings
ski holidays
I think when executed correctly, it is definitely cool - unfortunately I know nothing, and therefore me thinking it is cool, almost certainly makes it not so... still jealous I cant do it though!
ski holidays
Waaahhaaaayy, definitely giving this a try!!
snow report
RUGBY PETER wrote:
skir67, Didn't say it was and makes no difference - the hat and poorly executed stunt tells me all I need to know about this person! I would never do anything like that...

fair enough, you were just commenting on the OT post then I guess.
latest report
Seems like you could do a fair amount of damage going toe first in to the AFD.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy