Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Freedom to ski school. Avoriaz

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ok, so turns out I'm pants at organizing things! I have now narrowed booking ski lessons down to two schools, avoriaz alpine ski school which I know has been well recommended and freedom to ski.

Anyone got any experience of Freedom to Ski? Feed back good or back please before I book this weekend!

Ideally I was trying to book a week of morning lessons. Couldn't find anyone who offered exactly what I wanted due to going at a quiet time most aren't running group lessons.

AASS can offer 2h lessons monday to wednesday (6 hours tuition for 100 euros) but I'm worried this won't be enough tuition for the week

Freedom to ski are offering 4 hours a day monday to wednesday ( 12 hours tuition for 220 euros) , more instructor hours then I can carry non skiing thursday and friday hopefully with people I've met in the ski lessons?

Planning holidays is too stressful (and getting more and more expensive!!!!)

Thanks in advance
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I know some of the Freedom to Ski instructors, specifically, Annie, Luc and particularly Dave Peek from my time in the Portes du Soleil and they are all decent sorts whom I'm sure you'd get very good instruction from.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've the personal mobile numbers of two instructors in Morzine / Avoriaz

I would need to check with them before giving out, if required!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Millie,

Freedom to Ski are excellent. Used them extensively for the kids and rate them very highly. Utilised Pete for off piste guiding and performance coaching. Small outfit, I know all of the instructors and they are a great bunch.
Let me know if you want any more specific information.

Bob
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the replies. Scrap freedom to ski ... they are only offering private lessons the week of the 15th jan, no group lessons Sad and I can't justify paying £130 a day fro private lessons.

i just want to book a week of half day group lessons, how hard should that be?

*bangs head against the wall*
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Millie10 wrote:
Thanks for the replies. Scrap freedom to ski ... they are only offering private lessons the week of the 15th jan, no group lessons Sad and I can't justify paying £130 a day fro private lessons.

i just want to book a week of half day group lessons, how hard should that be?

*bangs head against the wall*

Millie,

There are quite a number of other schools in the region you could look at, where are you staying? If you are happy to ski Morzine/Les Gets there are a number of other options.

You do also have to accept that you are trying to book only two weeks in advance, so you may have to compromise somewhat, many of these schools will be booked up months in advance.

Also, you may want to consider a lesser amount of private lessons. You will get a lot more from 2hrs private than many more hours group.

Bob
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the reply Ardoyne. Booking late really isn't the problem. ... I emailed most of the schools weeks ago and they aren't running group lessons because it's too quiet, haven't spoken to anyone who's fully booked.

I want group lessons for both tuition and company as I will be skiing alone.

I'm staying at Cabane Les Trembles and was told it would be easier to have lessons in Avoriaz than Morzine?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Millie,

Avoriaz is certainly a lot more convenient as you will be staying very close to the Prodain cable car. If you did find something of interest in Morzine/Les Gets it is still feasible, just you would need to take the bus across town and start earlier. Have you tried ESF, obviously not British, but may be running groups?

Any chance you can find any more single skiers and effectively put together your own group in a private lesson (others in your accommodation, post on here etc)?

Bob
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy