Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best Goggles!

Poster: A snowHead
Looking for some Goggles i can wear in flat light/snowy conditions. Whats best??. Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oakley crowbar with a hi-yellow lense.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Or any of the other equally good brands that can sometimes be found cheaper wink Oakley aren't the only company that make decent goggles and you'll often be paying though the nose just to have a white circle on the strap. Electric are good and come with a hi and low light lens. Smith are also worth a look.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
+1 for Oakley's hi-yellow lens which is superb. Pricey but their warranty & after sales make them worthwhile.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
el nombre, That white circle does look damn sexy though wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
el nombre wrote:
Or any of the other equally good brands that can sometimes be found cheaper wink Oakley aren't the only company that make decent goggles and you'll often be paying though the nose just to have a white circle on the strap. Electric are good and come with a hi and low light lens. Smith are also worth a look.

Pretty sure both the Electric EG2 and Smith IO are more than the Crowbar? IOs are almost twice as much! I do agree though, electric and smith do make great goggles.

You also get a massive range of lenses to chose from and as spyderjon says excellent warranty.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I bought my electric EG1s for £40, crowbars didn't exist at the time i don't think. Think it was the wisdom at the time that everyone had and that was mega munnies and apparently not very good either.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'd say the ones that fit you comfortably. No point in people raving about goggle x when it squishes your nose when you wear it when goggle y fits nice and comfy.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Defender, Have a look at www.eyewearoutlet.co.uk. Probably A-frames or crowbars with a Hi Yellow lens.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sitter wrote:
I'd say the ones that fit you comfortably. No point in people raving about goggle x when it squishes your nose when you wear it when goggle y fits nice and comfy.

^
WHS

I could tell you which ones I have and which I find great in low/flat light, but that probably wouldn't help as I have a small face and both my pairs of goggles are kids goggles.

FWIW though, the lens in my Spy goggles (which I use in flat light) is persimmon, filter category 1 (which for them is a low light lens) and I find they're really good.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
So, frame is a personal thing - what about lenses? Is there agreement on that? Could someone explain the pros / cons of persimmon vs. yellow lenses for flat/low light as the OP (and me) would probabaly find that really useful), or is that personal pref too?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
bitoffluff, I have oakleys with persimmon lenses, and some old Scotts I got in Aviemore with yellow, and personally in very poor visibility I find the yellow much better. The persimmon ones though can be used in considerably higher light levels absolutely fine - so for real murk, yellow is best, generaly not very good light, persimmon, and bright sunshine something much darker. That's just my opinion though, and as everyone's eyes are different others may disagree.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'd say lens color is again personal preference. I had a pair with yellow lenses on my first season and really struggled with them on low light days. Since got myself a pair of A-frames with HI persimmon and find them much better. Got a second pair of the A-frames with Black Iridium lens for the sunnier days.
I tried on a lot of different brands and frames but found the A-frames the best fit, and they fit perfectly with my helmet (Giro G10).
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I too have A frame with a persimmon lens, great for dull days IMV. Just bought a second lens for bright sunny days (VR28 Black Iridium).
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The yellowed "Occula Pro Sport optic" lenses in my Alpina's is excellent from dull flat gloominess, blizzards, right the way through to ultra-bright high altitude days.

Don't wear anything else now.

Their Doubleflex fogstop system works extremely well too.

The 'visual' effect of these goggles is a gold-ish yellow, as opposed to a pure yellow.
latest report
I love my Oakley Splices!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy