Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Three valleys Liberte pass

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone know anything about this?

http://www.les3vallees.com/en/practical-aspects/3-vallees-liberte.288/

Research seems to suggest it'll lead to a 10% reduction on 3 Valleys skiing, and 15% if you stay in a single resort's area, and it also seems a lot easier to use?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
*gentle and hopeful bump*
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
DaKid, just had a quick look - looks like it would be good if plan to stay local most days and go to other areas for some days , but i suspect it won't save you money if you go into full 3v area too few or too many times...... I would suggest make up your mins and either buy a full 3v pass or a local one and then can upgrade or a day if you wish , or not..... It may depend on you experience and / or the snow condtions.....
Hope that helps....
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you. Appreciate the advice. I've never been before, so don't really know where we'll do most of our skiing. Will have to have more of a think!!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If never been before you only need a local pass..... IMHO....
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
DaKid, I've never seen the pay as you ski before.
IMHO, if you are anything other than a beginer the 3V pass is a worthwhile upgrade (dependant on snow conditions).
On my first trip I was always popping over to the other valleys.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Depends on your skiing ability as it will prove more expensive to upgrade more than twice and a shame to restrict yourself to only one valley.

ENJOY as it must be the best biggest easiest and best maintained ski area in the world.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bump!

I have done a quick analysis of the 3V Liberte Pass versus 3V Daily passes. Figures below:

Days 3V Pass 3V Liberte Day
1 47.00 € 72.30 € Sun
2 93.00 € 114.60 € Mon
3 138.50 € 156.90 € Tues
4 183.50 € 199.20 € Wed
5 221.00 € 241.50 € Thurs
6 235.00 € 283.80 € Fri
7 270.50 € 321.40 € Sat
8 308.00 € 363.70 € Sun
9 345.50 € 363.70 € Mon
10 383.00 € 406.00 € Tues
11 420.50 € 448.30 € Wed
12 458.00 € 490.60 € Thurs
13 495.50 € 532.90 € Fri
14 533.00 € 575.20 € Sat

This calculation takes into account that the 3V liberte pass is used in at least two valleys every day (ie it is used as a 3V pass), that the 9th day of the 3V Liberte is free and that the 3V Liberte pass gets a 20% discount on a Saturday as opposed to 10% discount all other days. The 30 euro charge for the Liberte pass is included.

As you can see, a 3V pass is cheaper if you ski every day. But if (like me) you would normally buy a 13 day pass and possibly not ski on at least one day (crap weather, too knackered, hangover etc) then you begin to make a saving. The saving will increase if on some days you stick to just one valley due to poor weather perhaps. So pay your money and take your choice, but a 3V Liberte pass is worth considering for trips longer than a week.

Maths wizards? Feel free to shoot my figures down in flames Smile
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I agree your logic. If you have anything longer than two weeks then it becomes more beneficial with every 6th day after day 9 free. Having just used this pass for two weeks in January we had a coupleof days off and some one valley skiing and we are already quids in. We are back for another two weeks in March when we will benefit again, maximising the saturday discount(50% in Les Menuirers and making sure free days are allways used in the full 3 valleys area.
The other benefit is you can see all your trips on line with lift and time through the gate recorded.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We've used the Ski a la Carte pass for our sons in Serre Chevalier. One day it was bucketing rain (2009/2010), so we didn't use it, 9th day was free, Saturdays are a reduced price too.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
This is one of the reason I love a lot of the US resorts 6 in 10 pass, where you buy a 10 day pass with 6day's skiing on any of the 10 days. I wish more European resorts would do similar things.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ansta1, Serre Chevalier do a Ski Cool pass, where you can ski 5 days out of 7, but it isn't much less than a 6 day pass.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I did have a quick look at this as my wife and I will be having 3 separate weeks in the 3 Valleys this season.

I think the Liberte pass is most ideal for locals who ski odd days here and there (eg come up to the mountains most weekends). That way they pay only for the days/valleys they ski. People who are there for a week or two holiday probably do better by buying a 6/13 day pass I think.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Big Dave, From my figures - If you ski every day of your 3x6 day holidays then 3 x 6 day passes might be cheaper, but IMHO if you have an odd day off here and there the Liberte pass probably makes a saving.

3 x 6 day passes = 705 euros.
18 days on 3V Liberte ski every day 2 or more valleys 702.10 (two free days included)

If you have one day off it is no cheaper (as you are losing day 18 which would be free). Have two days off and then it would be 659.80 so you save about 45 euros.

Have another day off and you save nearly enough for a côte de bœuf dinner and house wine at Brasserie Le Schuss in Mottaret Twisted Evil
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy