Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Plane skids off the runway at Jackson Hole, check the hand luggage!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead

http://www.kidk.com/news/112618254.html

This is the emergency evacuation slightly delayed by the evacuees taking photos, check out the guy at the bottom of the steps carrying a pair of BD Factions, so now you know, boots are allowed as hand luggage, its cameras that cause the problems.
edited to fix size.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 30-12-10 2:42; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jbob, Hardly an "emergency evacuation".

And couldn't you have used a photo that fits on a screen (or resized it so that it would).
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
alex_heney, a very good point, now fixed. It is an emergency evacuation even if they are not using chutes, and presumably they could well be carrying their boots if the plane was on fire, seeing this I now think boots have no place inside the cabin of a plane.

I was once evacuated from a plane whose engine was on fire using the airfield steps.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
jbob, having used internal flights in the us on our last trip, I was amawzed at what constitutes "handluggage", planes are used more like buses over there and the size of the hand luggage was huge, not that much smaller than the case I used for a two-week ski-trip! Flying out of Salt Lake City, I saw many people bringing on boots as hand luggage
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That's a bitch of an airfield to come into during a storm, when I went there it was horrendous one of the worst flights ever we were shaking around like rag dolls I was eyeing up who I was going to eat just in case we came down over the Tetons and were going to be stranded for months!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Gsyfreerider, I've also heard (though have no idea if it's actually true) that American are generally the last to 'wuss out' when the weather gets bad - they get most of their pilots from ex-military stock and trust them to be able to land in worse weather than most. Can't decide if that's good or bad!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ChrisWo, probably quite good if you need to land on the Hudson river!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy