Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski shop near the Lecht or Glenshee

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I'm heading up to Scotland next week, and planning to stay between Glenshee and the Lecht and ski both centres.

I'd like to buy some new skis, and was wondering if there were any ski shops in that area you'd recommend, particularly ones which would do demos.

Thanks
Jane
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
janeed, Between the Lecht and Glenshee there's a lot of sheep, deer and heather, and not much else other than the village of Braemar (blink and you'll miss it). For ski shops there are a few hire shops eg Cally Ski hire at Bridge of Cally, Cairdsport at the Spittal of Glenshee and at Glenshee itself. I really don't know what range of newish equipment they have for hire (if any) - most of the equipment I see with their logos on look pretty well used.

For ski shops nearby it is either Perth on the way up there: Banks of Perth (http://www.banksofperth.co.uk/) who also do hire (I believe their hire shop is separate from the main shop in Perth town) ; or Craigdon (http://www.craigdonmountainsports.com/). Otherwise a trip into Aberdeen to the Craigdon shop there. Might well be worth giving Banks and/or Craigdon a phone beforehand.

Other snowheads may be able to offer more information.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
used to be a ski shop in braemar also, been a while since i was at glenshee though
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There still is a ski shop in Braemar and very good it is too. Not sure if it does standard alpine kit though, but it does a wide selection of proper skiing gear - tele kit, AT kit and nordic kit. Braemar Mountain sports website is here:
http://www.braemarmountainsports.com/
so you can see what they do.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think Glenshee sell K2?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the info
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
sounds like you'll be within about an hour of Aviemore (and might even be travelling up that way), where there's nearly as many ski shops as pubs
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy