Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les 2 Alpes spring/summer

Poster: A snowHead
easiski, I will say it again.....you are very lucky wink
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
easiski, don't tempt fate, temps are supposed to be warming up considerably these next few days!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
PG, Depends which forecast you look at. Ambient temp OK (coolish) but windy bl**dy cold! BBC website suggests warmer Fri a bit cooler Sat & Sun but less wind. Sunny though!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Up today, and not as good as Thurs. Slushy and a lot of the nice white coating had gone. Had fun ski-ing through puddles though, lower down. Higher slopes still reasonable. If I ever get my camera I'll post pics. Our snowpark is still in vgc - really annoying to see all that snow piled up in heaps (jumps etc.) and not on the piste where it would look much nicer!!!! Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
easiski, snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
easiski, try and take some pics and post them
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Chris Brookes, My camera broke - waas going to get video this summer - computer broke so bought laptop instead. .... Saw cheapo digi in Carrefour last week, but no time & too many packages to get it... Friend supposed to be getting it for me in next day or two, but he's notoriously forgetful so .. don't hold your breath!!. In the meantime you can look at the webcams (the best is the moving one from the snowpark) on the link I posted on P.7. Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
easiski, There are a couple of videos here and here for anyone who wants to see what it looks like in winter.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pistemeister, Nice. Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
pistemeister, ta.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Up again this morning, cloudy, cold and wintery and even some little flocons floating around. The snow was better than yesterday, but it's not a pretty sight! Still well skiable though. Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
A bit more footage from 2 alpes a bit lower down the mountain fun off piste (4.6 mb windows media video)
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
pistemeister, will have a look
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
pistemeister, Looks nice! Wish it was that white at the moment!

Up today and it was very icy again. Last night was the coldest of the summer so far, and although it was sunny and pleasant it wasn't warm! Lots of new people in yesterday, and OMG beginners trying to walk down the icy pistes (in the middle, of course), never mind crevasses etc!!! Shocked At any rate, this colder North wind is keeping the conditions going, so we can't complain. Very Happy
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Better today. Snow was hard but there were less icy patches than yesterday. Still very wet near the bottom though. Lovely weather, warm (not hot) and hardly any wind. Very Happy
ski holidays
pistemeister, nice footage
snow report
easiski, stop making me jealous. I have another 6 months before I see mountains and snow in the same place together Sad
snow report
easiski,

Little Pete says hi, I am off to ski with him in Argentina in two weeks' time.
ski holidays
flicksta, Little Pete the lawyer? Argentina sounds nice - I've heard there's some great ski-ing there.

Weather a bit in and out today - snowing for 10 mins, sunny, cloudy - you name it we had it! Snow on nursery slope getting better, and skied down at end by myself - OK at 13.00. Mind you, there's not much snow left so most of the way was nice solid glacier ice - great stuff to ski!! Cool

Sorry mark_s, but I just try to keep people abreast of conditions. Still no camera though.
ski holidays
easiski, at least the days are getting shorter, so it's a bit colder! A lot of snow needed though between now and October!
snow report
easiski, lets hope snow arrives for you...moment you get any pics from now onwards..please let us know,nearest thing until till im on the slopes again..
snow report
Chris Brookes, I shall be up at 2 Alpes for a couple of days on the glacier around August 20th, I'll take a few photos then.
snow report
Thanks PG, I would love that.
snow report
Chris Brookes, Not sure you would!!!
snow report
easiski, that bad Puzzled
snow report
easiski, Little Pete the former lawyer, now property developer living in Whistler and Argentina, yes. He's moving to Chamonix this winter actually. He is an awesome skier these days.
ski holidays
flicksta, He's the only pupil I ever had who learnt better on a black than ob a green. He was a pretty good skier when he lived here too - did the Derby de la Meije in very reasonable time. Give him my best and hopefully if he's around in France this winter we'll catch up - there are several people here who'd no doubt like to see him.

Raining in the town today - waiting till tomorrow to see if it's snow on the glacier - the temperature's right on the borderline.
ski holidays
Up again today, and still quite reasonable considering the date! I didn't get a run down, but the nursery slope was absolutley fine. weather nice, not too hot, just pleasant. Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Up today and it was very wintery. A bit of snow fell with the rain last night - the glacier looked whiter than I've seen it for a while, and the snow was hard. By about 13.00 it was quite skiable though. Sunny and -6Deg. Freeezzzing. Shocked Shocked
ski holidays
Quote:

Sunny and -6Deg. Freeezzzing

but nice a
snow report
chilly again today, but not so cold as yesterday. Nice stuff on the nursery slope (don't know if I can call it snow), and had a very pleasant ski down on the whole. The bits with snow on were heavy, and there's one bit with nothing but black, gritty stuff, but for the rest the glacier ice was just about perfect!!! Practising my parallel shins. wink wink wink wink
latest report
Started horrid this morning - pouring, but snowing above 3300 so top half of glacier had 5cms fresh on top. Bottom very wet though. The weather got better through the morning and we actually had quite a nice ski. Forecast says storms tomorroe - now just 3-4 degs colder and we'll have fresh next time .. Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
pictures....hint hint wink
snow conditions
Chris Brookes, A friend was supposed to buy me a particular camera I saw in Carrefour, but he says he couldn't find it. Consequently - no pix - bit of a problem with no camera!!!! Oh, and it's 90Kms to Grenoble, so you want to be buying more than one thing to make it worth the trip - also a pretty awful place! Sad
ski holidays
easiski, ok ok,i will be patient Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Just show us the F***ing Pics now Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Sorry, just getting withdrawn symptoms again. I think I lost it this morning when I saw a tractor spreading lime on a hilly field this morning. The field was completely white.
latest report
I need pictures of snow,im so looking forward to winter ..(sad but true)
snow report
johnboy, I thought the same thing when looking at a limed field near me, even though it was 20 degs. Tragic.
ski holidays
Oh dear - how sad you all are.

Even with pix you wouldn't really see any snow - there isn't any. In the early am it looks nice and white after the work they do with the piste machines + an overnight frost, but by 13.00 it's really all black - we're ski-ing on the glacier now. Still skiable however and not tooooo many crevasses. I would say it's reasonable for the end of August. One more week to go.

Today was a bonus - no storm, so off we went and the little ones did really well - considering I generally don't like kids much (could be why I never had any myself) I seem to be forming a mini-fan club!!!! Seriously though, there are now a number of people switched on to getting their kids ski-ing in the summer - generally better weather, lessons cheaper and so on. It's a growing trend - excellent idea, and about 6 million things to do when you're not ski-ing. One parent has buckets and spades, and they make snowcastles in between ski-ing bouts - brilliant idea!

Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
johnboy, paulmck, Chris Brookes, if you want pics of snow, i think you should look at David Goldsmith's thread on Las Lenas wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy