Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva La Plagne Transfer

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone suggest a reliable shared transfer to La Plagne from Geneva 7 Jan and return 14 Jan?
My research so far:
Most private transfers €600 return; best Alp2Alp €448, but might charge you for two trips if flight cancalled.
Car Hire €480 Europcar 2 drivers and chains
Bus Alpski-bus €200 to Aime the €50-100 to La Plagne

Any suggestions welcome
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have a look at http://www.ski4funtransfers.co.uk/index.html?_ret_=return
EnglishsnowHead peeps but fully registered insured etc in France based in Montalbert La Plagne.
Discounts for snowHeads as well!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yestupton, we may well be able to help you. I will PM for more details. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
tupton, Welcome to Snowheads

I'm sure Ski4fun would do a good job but if you're looking for some car-hire you can do better than that - unless you're got a huge group. You should be able to get c. £300 for a clio or similar including the winter tyres tax through holiday autos...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
bertie bassett, I used Holiday Autos when I flew back to the UK last winter for an unexpected funeral, and yes it was cheaper than everything else, and I paid the full Damage Waiver, only to find when I got to the pick up point (which was incidentally Alamo), that I wasn't covered for this and wasn't covered for that and had to pay more there on the spot. I was most disatisfied and wouldn't use them again. Mad

I do agree though that if you are a party of 4 or less then car hire is by far the cheapest option, but any more than that you need to start looking at bigger cars to get all your luggage in and then the price starts mounting. Plus you need to consider the convenience factor. Most of our clients so far this season, have hired cars at some stage in the past and now just don't want the hassle. They don't want to have to worry about tolls, how to put snowchains on if they have to, they don't want to stand in hire car queue. It's definitely a question of budget versus convenience. Smile

Fortunately for us there are always people who want a stress free life and are prepared to pay a little bit more for it! Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
try www.travelsupermaket.com for car hire - runs a check over lots of car hire brokers. Whilst sometimes the people you book with are not household names, you are actually getting and Avis/Hertz/Europcar etc car and never had a problem using them probably 10 times a year.

One other thought is to buy excess insurance from insurance4carhire.com - about £50 for a year so tends to pay for itself before the end of a second trip.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy