Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

holiday for 10 half term 19th-26th feb ish?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just had this dumped in my lap! I need to,if possible arrange a trip for 5 adults and 5 children ages 2,4,6, 9 and 10 over the half term break within sensable driving distance of the UK. As its aimed at the kids a smaller ski area will be fine, the budget being the main priorty.An ideas or suggestions of where to look would be much appreciated.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Blimey thats a challenge, suggest you go for a self-organised chalet type holiday rather than a TO which will cost you a fortune, and do self-catering. I suggest you look at maybe La Rosiere a family friendly resort, with good snow record and links to Italy if required. If you go on the village website and look at accommodation you might get lucky, but this is obviously a peak week, with peak pricing. Also you'll need a 12-14 person place I reckon, frequently 2+ beds tend to be on mezzanines etc which you'll need to be careful with stairs/ ladders. With a larger place you're more likely to get proper bedrooms. Good luck!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
adventureontheriverbank, as Markymark29 says, that's a major challenge. I am in a small French resort and know already that there is absolutely nothing large available (have looked for a few people). Everything is booked solid and I'd be rather suspicious of anything that wasn't, personally. The same is likely to be true of other French resorts.

I think if I were you I'd start looking in Austria - there are some Austrian based snowheads with good knowledge of their local areas. As you'll be driving you'll have your own vehicles available, which is ideal - much easier to drive to slopes with littlies, and if you're going to drive, one mile or ten miles doesn't make a huge difference - if you can look at places a bit further from the slopes you'll be more likely to find something. Accommodation can apparently be better quality and more spacious in Austria, too.

Might be worth editing your thread title to indicate that you're interested in big self catering places in Austria.

Good luck!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
pam w, Great advice +1!!

adventureontheriverbank, Suggest you look at Ski Amade, large inerlinked family resorts near Salzburg. As Pam says the drive to Austria is easy, straight down through Germany with no tolls, and usually the Austrians are better for parking cars near your accom etc. Also IMO cleaner, better value, and more likely to get better info on their websites re accom. Suggest you fire an enquiry off to these guys and they'll fall over backwards to help you http://www.skiamade.com/en/winter#
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Try this snowHead's place

http://www.austrian-adventures.com/haussusanne.htm

According to their web-site they have availability for that week. The house lies in the middle of the Sportwelt Amadé ski region and has masses of skiing for all ages and abilities. They have good local contacts with ski hire and ski school should either be needed. I've stayed there myself and had a fabulous time.

For 2 possibly 3, of the children there is no need to pay for a ski pass as they ski with their parents or if in ski school with a full pass paying adult.

And before someone jumps in with "not a sensible drive" from the UK, I drove over to and from the UK on my own last month starting and finishing not far from where they are based. On the drive out I stopped overnight on the Luxembourg border because I had a full day of work behind me. But on the return journey I drove from Bristol back home in one journey as the driving as almost entirely on motorway and toll-free for me. The only toll would be the Austrian motorway vignette which is staying at 7.90€ for 10-days next year.

Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Great help guys keep em coming (have just mailed austrian adventures)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy