Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Liverpool - Scotland snowboarding trip

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Four of us are planning a long weekend break to Scotland at the end of Jan. Having never boarded in the UK before I wanted some advice/tips.

Liverpool is a 7 hr drive to Aviemore which would eat into our short break massively. So I am looking at alternative ways of getting there quicker.

I have looked at flying from Liverpool to Aberdeen then driving the 2 hrs to Aviemore - Has anyone done this before and if so was it ok? Is Aviemore the best place to go to or are there resorts just as good but further South so that driving might be an option?

Any advice on nice resorts and b+bs would also be very welcome. We are all of a good standard and would ideally like challenging terrain when we are there so resort advice would be invaluable.

I have tried to glean more info from previous threads but struggled so if anyone has done this journey before I would love to hear from you.

Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
holyjasper, check this thread for info on skiing cairngorm.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=68286

If you leave at 4pm, you could arrive late thus saving skiing time - similarly on the way home you could ski all day before leaving for home

THere is a company that used to run all-in bus trips leaving from manchester and picking up at wigan - ski norwest maybe? Check on google
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No quicker way than that I'm afraid. Train is about 6.5hours but not as flexibile.
Flying inc checking and car hore from inverness takes the same.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
holyjasper, Allow yourself 9hrs to get to Cairngorm. From L'pool you can be in Chamonix in 12 hours. Laughing Laughing
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy