Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Tracks - iPhone App

Poster: A snowHead
I'm not geeky at all ....but get this app for your next ski trip.
If you haven't got an iphone get one just to run this app on your ski trip!
Yep it really is good Very Happy
http://appshopper.com/navigation/ski-tracks-lite-gps-track-recorder

PS Just trying to get over 49.8mph wink
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Do you have tonnage gps running for it to work? That could be one hell of a phone bill if you do!!!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
NO DATA OR PHONE SIGNAL REQUIRED FOR TRACKING
Unlike many other ski applications Ski Tracks does not require any data or phone signal for Tracking. So enjoy your skiing or riding without worrying about data costs. (2)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just downloaded it now. All the reviews look brilliant. I just hope it works now!!! Are all european ski resorts covered? Still not sure how it does not require a signal but it says it doesn't there for you can turn everything off and it won't cost you a penny!!!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I will second that. It is a great app.

I managed a top speed of 62mph.

Cheers
Smag
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I used it last week in Tignes and was impressed for 59p. Better than another ski app which cost x10 more
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
do you have to have the phone turned on for it to work, i.e not in standby
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
davidpratt15, Depends on your iPhone, the more recent versions allow it to run whilst in standby.
It does drain the battery but with Bluetooth WiFi and data roaming switched to off it will easily last for an 8 hour ski day.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Boredsurfing, so i can turn data roaming,, 3G, mobile data and bluetooth off and it will still work?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ricklovesthepowder wrote:
Boredsurfing, so i can turn data roaming,, 3G, mobile data and bluetooth off and it will still work?

and WiFi, yep.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Boredsurfing, wow, it really must be totally free then, im waiting for the catch here lol!!! Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Boredsurfing, wow, it really must be totally free then, im waiting for the catch here lol!!! Very Happy

I hope so or I'm in for one hell of a bill when I get home, as eldest daughter is using it as well Shocked
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
59p for the same functionality as a £300 garmin dakota!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
davidpratt15, Laughing It's not .59p it's free! 59p simply gives a couple or more features!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I can confirm that I turned off data roaming and it still works. I have an iphone 3gs and it works on standby. I can also confirm that I got no bills as a result of using it.

It is a great app. A must have for people who like their stats

Cheers
Smag
ski holidays
My name is Steve and I am the lead developer on Ski Tracks.

Ski Tracks - does not require any data or phone services while tracking.

Always turn data roaming off however to prevent accidentally data connectivity such as email or google maps. (Settings->General->Network->Data Roaming)

iPhone 3g users can still put the phone on standby and Ski Tracks will still work.
iPhone 3gs/4 users can put the application in background.

If you have any questions for support, technical or anything regarding Ski Tracks then please feel free to contact me through this forum.

Thanks everyone for your support and kind words.
snow conditions
Is Ski tracks avail for Android
snow report
corecoders wrote:
My name is Steve and I am the lead developer on Ski Tracks.

Ski Tracks - does not require any data or phone services while tracking.

Always turn data roaming off however to prevent accidentally data connectivity such as email or google maps. (Settings->General->Network->Data Roaming)

iPhone 3g users can still put the phone on standby and Ski Tracks will still work.
iPhone 3gs/4 users can put the application in background.

If you have any questions for support, technical or anything regarding Ski Tracks then please feel free to contact me through this forum.

Thanks everyone for your support and kind words.

Hi Steve. If I was to out my phone into aeroplane mode will it still work or would this deactivate my gps signal also. I have an iPhone 4.
snow report
Hi Steve, Do you have any plans to release this app for windows phone 7?
snow conditions
kendub wrote:
Is Ski tracks avail for Android

Unfortunately not this season. We are looking into this for next season however.
snow report

Hi Steve. If I was to out my phone into aeroplane mode will it still work or would this deactivate my gps signal also. I have an iPhone 4.

Unfortunately airplane mode turns off GPS services on the iPhone.
snow conditions
TommyDazzler wrote:
Hi Steve, Do you have any plans to release this app for windows phone 7?

Currently this will depend on whether Windows 7 makes any real traction into the mobile market place. Certainly if this happens we will consider this platform.
latest report
corecoders, A warm welcome to snowHeads.
Steve, on the ski analysis are you planning to make the titles (ie Lift 1 Ski Run 2 etc) so they can be edited, to put in the actual lift name and the piste name?
Also is there any chance of mph and altitude in meters on the same page. I got quite excited and then realised it wasn't 64mph but Kph Laughing
ski holidays
Have been trialing this last two days in la plagne. It doesn't use much data with 3G on and my battery has lasted all day as well. Though I forgot to turn it on till 10.30 today and 13.00 yesterday.
So far so good though yesterday it clocked me at 150kph!
snow report
daveqpr,
Quote:

Ah, I clocked 100kph on the Arpette chair! I know it's fast but it isn't that fast Laughing
ski holidays
Boredsurfing wrote:
corecoders, A warm welcome to snowHeads.
Steve, on the ski analysis are you planning to make the titles (ie Lift 1 Ski Run 2 etc) so they can be edited, to put in the actual lift name and the piste name?
Also is there any chance of mph and altitude in meters on the same page. I got quite excited and then realised it wasn't 64mph but Kph Laughing

Thank you.

Yes we will be allowing you to edit the Ski Analysis in the near future. We are also planning to include run and ski lift data in the product that will name many of the runs and lifts automatically and we are currently working on this system right now.

With regard to using different units on the display we are looking at using a touch selection on the stat to set different unit system for each stats.
snow conditions
daveqpr wrote:
Have been trialing this last two days in la plagne. It doesn't use much data with 3G on and my battery has lasted all day as well. Though I forgot to turn it on till 10.30 today and 13.00 yesterday.

Glad that the battery is lasting fine - it was one of the main design requirements when we developed Ski Tracks.

First of all could you send me the SKIZ file to skitracks@corecoders.com - we have received about 3-4 tracks recently with invalid altitude / elevation reported from the GPS - this error in the GPS data has now been isolated and removed. So in the next release this issue should be fixed but I would like to check your data just incase.

Most of these errors in the GPS seem to be with iPhone 3G only.

Many thanks

Steve

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Thu 30-12-10 18:01; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
Boredsurfing wrote:
daveqpr,
Quote:

Ah, I clocked 100kph on the Arpette chair! I know it's fast but it isn't that fast Laughing

Are you sure that's not a high speed lift? wink

Could you send me the SKIZ file to skitracks@corecoders.com - just so I can check the data. (see my previous post).

Many Thanks
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
What's current thinking on mobiles interfering with the signal from a beeper?
snow report
App downloaded Little Angel now I've got five weeks to wait before I can try it out Sad
snow conditions
RichardJHJ wrote:
What's current thinking on mobiles interfering with the signal from a beeper?

From experience I do not place my mobile phone near my avalanche transceiver. Usually I put my phone in my inside top jacket pocket and my transceiver by my waist on the opposite side to the phone.

You should always test your transceiver is working correctly before hand anyway and if you believe the phone is interfering in anyway move you phone away and if it still is causing a problem you should turn your phone off.
ski holidays
Downloaded this morning and took it out for what it thought was a Nordic Ski/Walk - actually just pushing the baby around the streets, but looked like a very nice little app. Looking forward to using it for real from the 15th...
latest report
ishay wrote:
Downloaded this morning and took it out for what it thought was a Nordic Ski/Walk - actually just pushing the baby around the streets, but looked like a very nice little app. Looking forward to using it for real from the 15th...

I used mine to day in the car and it worked fine. Top speed of 78 mph, no wonder it was confused!!!
latest report
bfg wrote:
App downloaded Little Angel now I've got five weeks to wait before I can try it out Sad

Thank you for your support - there will be plenty of updates before you go out in five weeks.
ski holidays
Just sent my files.
Incedently I looked on the map from my apartment and it seems to show our position as half way up the arpettes lift and not at the bottom.
latest report
59p? I'm having that! Looks excellent Smile
ski holidays
daveqpr wrote:
Just sent my files.
Incedently I looked on the map from my apartment and it seems to show our position as half way up the arpettes lift and not at the bottom.

Got the files - thanks. GPS does not work at all indoors - the maps are probably using triangulation of phone masts to get a rough location.
snow report
Got it as well!
I'm sure it'll make sense what i need to do when I get to somewhere snowy in February!!!
snow conditions
I downloaded this when it was first mentioned on this site a few months ago. It certainly works on the motorways of Switzerland wink , so I'm looking forward to trying it out for real in a couple of weeks' time.
ski holidays
Tried to download, but says I need a version 4.0 update. How do I get that?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy