Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Meribel ski rental : Slide Candy

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anybody used these guys before ?
It seems like a good service and saves the hassle of fighting in the ski rental shop when you're tired after the journey to get there - probably the worst part of a ski holiday !
www.slidecandy.com
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Richardball

They're new this year - set up by 3 people, 2 of whom had been working at Freeride (www.freeride.fr) for donkeys years and decided to leave last year to go out on their own.

My clients from last week used them and were really happy with the service. The skis are all brand new this season which isn't always the case with ski hire. They're not the cheapest option - I think Ski Republic are (www.ski-republic.com)- but you get what you pay for.....and the chalet delivery service is a real bonus rather than getting stuck in a ski hire shop. I'd recommend them (no affiliation except we that we have reciprocal links on our websites).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
AlpineMasters, Thanks for the feedback. Always nice to hear someone's actually used the service to satisfaction. I reckon I'll use them. Cheers.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
After reading this post we used slide candy for our ski hire for our stay at chalet Loden in Meribel. Very happy with result. James was at our chalet when we arrived with skis, even though our flight was 2 hours late. All fitted fine first time. At end of week chalet hosts called and they came and picked them up from the bootroom.

Highly recommend them to anyone. The promise of kit new this year and maybe never used was added incentive.

Only regret not being able tothank them face to face.

PS the hosts at our mark warner chaletwerefab and the food that Carissa prepared for us was truly stunning.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Deleted Post

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 20-02-14 20:12; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I do base a lot of credence in user who joined up here specifically just to give a (new) company a flaming.

Sceptical? Moi? Nah....
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Deleted Post

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 20-02-14 20:13; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Deleted Post

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Thu 20-02-14 20:13; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Terra Incognita, just out of interest, what kind of damage was that? Any pics?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dav wrote:
I do base a lot of credence in user who joined up here specifically just to give a (new) company a flaming.

Sceptical? Moi? Nah....

They aren't a new company. The thread us 3 years old and has been revived
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dear Terra Incognita,

We are very sorry to hear that you feel you had a bad experience when renting equipment from
Slide Candy. In 4 seasons of trade this is our 2nd complaint ever! We aim to be open and honest with our customers and provide the best possible service so please permit me to explain:

The Volkl RTM 80 skis that you rented are indeed in our top 'Black' category of equipment and
are considerably more expensive to buy than the intermediate skis (Atomic Rival Plus) that your wife rented. If both skis were tested back to back you would definitely notice the difference in performance thus they are rented in different categories. I'm only sorry that you didn't bring this up with us at the time and give us an opportunity to explain and/or offer an exchange. We hate to think that a problem that could easily have been resolved went under the radar.

Every now and then someone is unfortunate enough to hit a rock or have their skis stolen. It’s a shame for these things to happen on your holiday but it’s the nature of the beast especially when the base is not up to standard and you’re skiing off piste. The damage to your ski was a compressed edge and a small crack to the sidewall, and sadly was beyond repair. A compressed sidewall cannot be uncompressed and a crack in the core/sidewall of the ski makes the ski impossible to service in the high pressured tuning machinery makes it un-rentable. So it’s a write-off I’m afraid, and the renter is liable for damages. Fortunately for everyone insurance is around to save us the large pay-outs and we offer additional insurance at 2€ per day.

Some folks like yourself choose not to take out our insurance, presumably because they have adequate holiday insurance anyway, so we always provide a receipt to help you recuperate
the costs from your insurer when you get home. We charge the replacement cost at trade, not retail, this is all standard practice in the ski industry and I believe in this case you decided to keep the skis in question.

The skis were new at the start of this season (a 2013/2014 model) and our rental system shows that they had only been used for 9 days prior to you renting them so we wouldn’t really consider this to be heavy use. In fact this year we replaced 80% of our skis in the black category so there is nothing older than 1 season in the entire park.

Once again I’m sorry that you didn’t feel you could bring this grievance to our attention at the time as perhaps we could have explained in more detail and reached an understanding.

Yours sincerely

Slide Candy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
SlideCandy, Welcome to snowHeads. Nice reply. Stick around!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy