Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva to Zermatt -- Late arrival connection

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys,

I am due to go to Zermatt Dec 30th, arriving on 22.25pm Easyjet flight. Hotel booked and everything ..... obviously my own fault but i thought somehow a train or bus would be going. Looks like no buses or trains run that late unfortunately Sad

Anyone know of a relatively painless way to get from Geneva to Zermatt around that time ? any help at all is much appreciated

Many thanks
Clifforp
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
clifforp, welcome to snowheads. snowHead I don't know anything about that particular journey but if I was arriving Geneva that time of night (and quite likely later than scheduled) I'd hire a car. Swiss side - and make sure whoever you hire from will be available if you get there super late.

Or maybe your accommodation in Zermatt could arrange for a local taxi?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
clifforp, It's going to be about a 3 hour drive to Tasch (assuming road conditions and tirednessm allow), from which you will need to change to the train to Zermatt, which appear to run hourly that late. It could be about a 5 hour journey - will your accommodation still be open to arrivals at 4am?

You should probably consider a night in Geneva and then travel to Zermatt first thing in the morning.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks for good wishes, I have 2-3 more ski trips planned in Jan&Feb so im sure i'll use snowheads a lot Happy

Unfortunately I looked at car rental ... looks like nearly £500 for rental.

I was wondering if anyone knew a Alpybus or transfer company like that who might have 1 spare slot on their transfer ?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the replies guys

The only nagging thing is that I booked accommodation in Zermatt for Thurs night £120 Sad ... be a shame to lose it. Would be cool if some sort of transfer could get me to Zermatt in the early morning so that at least I could get a beer and feel as if i;ve landed in Zermatt.

Worst case is as you suggest, staying in Geneva and getting early train Friday morning to Zermatt ---- but would obviously prefer to avoid it.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
might be cheaper to change your flight?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes, can you shift your flight?

...and are you aware that the 'swiss transfer ticket' is the cheapest way to get the train GVA>resort>GVA (or any other swiss border point in place of GVA) ?
Only available to non-swiss from the SBB (Swiss train) overseas websites (loast time I looked it didnt exist on the official SBB.CH site).
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There's a 23.17 train that goes as far as Sion. You could get a taxi from there but it would be very expensive or there's a 05.10 train that gets you to Zermatt at 07.10 so at least you would have a full days skiing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'd unbook the Zermatt hotel.
The swiss transfer ticket is 127CHF or 100euro.
https://www.sbb.ch/mct/wi/shop/b2c/adw.do?6055
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for the advice people, also for the info regarding the "swiss transfer ticket" ... i will check it out.

Unfortunately, the easyjet website was down at the booking stage and I couldnt book flight .... so i used Expedia instead. I am going to ring them now to try to get the flight 1-2hrs earlier (but I can't leave work earlier than that)

Another unfortunate thing is that I booked the hotel through booking.com .... i am going to ring them now but i dont think they will be too accommodative. In hindsight, i have probably been unlucky with my choice of bookings.

Looks like it might be a sleep on the floor of the airport, catch the 5.10 train and lose the Thursday night hotel ... at this stage Sad
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy