Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpe d'Huez, 9th Jan - bargain late deal

This is probably the most important part of this topic,
The "Alpe dHuez Jan 2011 interest" Box

However, it's a function that only works when you're logged in.

Register

goes to the Alpe dHuez Jan 2011 interest

(You will confirm any costs on the next step)
 Poster: A snowHead
I usually sneak off for the 2nd week of Jan to find my ski-legs and get warmed up to prepare me for the 'challenge' of looking after the multitude snowHeads Bashers.
In my investigations though, I've turned up a rather special deal that it just doesn't seem right not to share.

What I have is a week's catered hotel accommodation in Alpe d'Huez, 2 people per room and apparently 'a snowball's throw' from the nearest lift for £210 per person half board.
The rooms are all ensuite, the hotel is 50m from the nearest lift and 200m from the village and you can 'Snow conditions permitting you can virtually ski back to the door'.

The hotel runs its weeks Sun to Sun so it will be 9th - 16th Jan.
Skyscanner currently has flights from Stanstead, Luton or Gatwick, Liverpool, Birmingham or Bristol for between £41 and £61 rtn. (although I expect it will be more by the time U pay surcharges to book, board and breath).

We have a transfer bus available to us from Grenoble for 24€ rtn.
It would be prefect if everyone could get into Grenoble by 10AM so we can be in Alpe d'Huez for Lunchtime.

We have Ski hire available in-house for about £50 for the week.
The full lift pass is normally 215€ but I've been offered them for £180 which saves a few quid.
This is the Visalp pass that covers use of the swimming pools etc. and the night skiing. I think it also includes the option of 2 days in Les Deux Alpes/La Grave.
Alpe d'Huez has 238km pistes and a high point of 3330m on the lift system. I've not been there before but it's been on my list for a while.

What's the catch? Well as the hotel is being opened for us, unless we get a certain number of people, it's not really worth them opening the kitchen for us so we may eat dinner in their other hotel nearby. If we pulled together about 15-20, they'd run the kitchen for us personally. Scratch that - we've got enough, the kitchen's open: game on!

The upside is, there's room for just about anyone who wants to come - we've the whole hotel! snowHead

Please register above if you're interested.

These are the people interested so far.
Are u interested in coming to Alpe dHuez?
OK I'm in! Have some money.
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead

I'm Very interested
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead

Possibly up for it.
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead

Sorry, not any more
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead

I just like to press buttons
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead

Do you want to ensure a room to yourself?
I vant to be a lawn
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead

I'll sleep with anyone (not like that!)
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead

Bus transfer from Grenoble
Yes please
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead

No, I'll make my own way.
A snowHead
A snowHead

Buy your lift pass up front?
Yes please
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead

No Ta!
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead

do you need ski hire?
Yes please
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead

No thanks!
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 6-01-11 14:47; edited 11 times in total
ski holidays

Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
admin wrote:
xx
I would love to go - have skied there before and it is great. Whats the deal re payment - new to site and not sure of the procedure - do we have to make a donation through paypal
Caroline Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
camm10, admin will put up some buttons to press, the payment details are set out there (basically t/f the money to admin)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
camm10, as holidayloverxx says, when I feel confident we have enough people to go ahead with this, I'll change the survey above to add an option to book/pay. Then you can pay via payPal, bank transfer or cheque.

As I said, we need 10 but I just had an enquiry about 5 people coming so if that firms up we'll be about close enough to take a leap of faith and go for it.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Looking at the list, another group of 4 interested and another 1 as a possible.
If the group of 4 or the group of 5 confirm they're definite, we're on.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
What is the name of the chalet/hotel??
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
n1ckster, Belle Aurore.
This is it
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Can you le me know what I have to do next??????
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
camm10, nothing right now, keep an eye on the thread and if enough people are interested to make it happen then admin will change the survey and add buttons that you can press to book and pay (you might get an email about it)
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
admin, oh admin, you are a bad boy ! now I wish I had washed the floor as I planned rolling eyes instead of coming here Sad ,
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Do I have to pay another £50??
Caroline
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
camm10, why do you think so? the price is £210 for the hotel and meals, the lift pass is £180 and ski hire (if you need it) is £50. You will also need to book your own flight and transfer, but it looks as though admin might be able to arrange that or you can take the public bus. Folk usually arrange flights to meet up with others - where would you be flying from?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks - have just had a long conversation with Graham so am a bit more clued up about the procedure - really looking forward to it and hope to meet up with you on another occasion!
caroline
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
camm10, excellent. I bet you'll want to go on the EoSB - if so, see you there Very Happy
ski holidays
I'm about ready to declare this 'on'.
I don't have 10 people declared as definite yet but with 18/19 interested in the space of a couple of days, I can't see us not making the magic figure.

New buttons above to buy beds, lift passes and ski hire if you need it.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dammit! You know I can't resist a shiny new button. I'm in!

Money to follow as soon as I work out where it's all gone.....
latest report
I've managed the Belle Aurore before now. Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Then we can assume it's been knocked into shape - that's good news! Wink
latest report
just checked flights to Grenoble from Liverpool with Easyjet. £116 all in with skis + 20Kg hold bag + card fee.

Was supposed to be going with mates that week but usual story, everyone has pulled out at the last minute so this sounds great.
snow report
snapper78, also, as the deal is virtually open ended, you can sign up and if any of your mates do get it together later there'll be room for them too Wink
snow conditions
Sounds like a plan, I'm doing the ringing around! What does the catering include meals wise?
ski holidays
7 x Breakfast and dinner. 25cl wine per person with dinner.
snow report
admin, Hi admin,found some flights from gatwick to grenoble just about to hit buy button! or do i wait till we get a definite 10, but may lose flights?lol sorry about asking questions but new to all this!
ski holidays
Good point aitcho_uk, would be good to get this info -i'm hoping to come on the trip but need to hang fire for a while due to family circumtances....

Also are there any females out there going ? Don't want to be the only woman ..... and hubby would like it less ! Difficult to tell from users names sometimes what sex people are !
snow report
jennycook, camm10 iand Schuss in Boots are woman

aitcho_uk, go for it - now the buy buttons are up it's firm
ski holidays
holidayloverxx, Thanks for the reply, all done,flights booked.....now where did i put my passport?...and as jenny says should fill out a profile..a blokes one
ski holidays
aitcho_uk, as holidayloverxx says: we are 'go' Wink

Click away!

jennycook, camm10 is female and 'totally and utterly' signed up to this so you wont be the only solo girlie.
mightymidget is jonnybroome's fiancé so [I'm assuming] a ladee.
Schuss in Boots is (some might say) some dodgy bird (not me of course) who is still busy Christmasing but will sign up as soon as she remembers that resistance is futile Wink
So we're pretty 50/50 for girls/boys at the moment.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Aha! cross-post.

Welcome aitcho_uk snowHead
latest report
Cheers Graham ( and Hi to everyone else) my ski boots would be on already...if I had some!!...all I need to know now is how to confirm my payment,or does that automatically happen when I transfer the funds in the account No I've been given?
snow conditions
Yes, when you make the transfer, although I might see the amount coming in to my account, my bank wont tell me who it's from until the following day. That's when I can check your payment off as 'confirmed'.
ski holidays
Right! I've booked myself on to the silly-o-clock service from Brizzle. Gets into Grenoble at 0935 (With an hour and a half's drive to the airport, I'm not even thinking about what time I'm gonna have to get up....Shocked )

And I'm on the 1010 flight going back.

What are the chances of wangling a free transfer to coincide? Little Angel
latest report
harrisontherabbit, it's definitely the right time of day to squeeze a transfer. It depends really on the numbers already on the bus so we wont really know for sure until later next week but I'd say chances were 'good' Wink
It's not really a problem though as there's a shuttle bus between the Airport and Grenoble Station from where the buses up to Alpe d'Huez depart.
The bus is possibly 8€ e/w and possibly about 10€ rtn, I'm not certain. What we need is a local expert.
Lizzard, have you ever run the local bus company?
ski holidays
admin, just thought, we shall be in Serre Chevalier that week, maybe we can meet up or something. For anyone wanting to squeeze into the car, we're passing both Lyon and Grenoble airports on Sunday afternoon if anyone is arriving by themselves, probably around lunchtime-ish. We can drop them in Bourg d'oisans.

There's Bens Bus from Grenoble aiport. http://www.holidayalps.com/2008/08/12/bens-bus-transfers-from-grenoble-to-alpe-dhuez/

and public service from Grenoble railway station here

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 30-12-10 17:25; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
I had a link to a better timetable yesterday for someone, but seem to have lost it.
latest report
I don't know, what's it coming to when a mod messes up the page width? rolling eyes wink
snow report
Hurtle, Iy hasn't done anything to my page width, but I can soon fix it for you wink
ski holidays
Hells Bells, why thank you! (I shouldn't be looking at this thread anyway, I can't possibly go skiing on 9 Jan. EVERso tempted, though.)
snow report
Hurtle, Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Hells Bells wrote:
we shall be in Serre Chevalier that week

Oooh, so shall we! Can we meet up with you too? Cool
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy