Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Atomic SX 412 binding recall?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone shed any light on this? We just looked up these bindings, to check how they adjust (they are on Atomic Supercross skis bought from a SH some months ago) and an internet search revealed there is a recall on the bindings - apparently the heel pieces can fail, and they can be replaced by an Atomic dealer. We think they probably fall within the period of the recall - see http://www.atomicsnow.com/it-CH/Stories/868.aspx?sc_lang=hu-HU
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yep, there is a recall. Talk to an Atomic dealer, they should be able to do it for you without any problems. Got my father's 412s done at Rivington Alpine about two years ago.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sideshow_Bob, Happy Christmas! snowHead Our local shop is an Atomic dealer - fingers crossed they can do it on Christmas Day. My very tall but hard up son in law will otherwise have to choose between borrowing a pair of my 163 skis or hiring. wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
pam w, they will probably have failed by now if they are going to go. I know plenty of people that have skied for many years on the bindings (father included) without any problem whatsoever. I think that in some batches the plastic spring retainer in the heel that goes, and you'll know because you can quite literally step out of the bindings without any effort even with them wound up to max DIN. However I am not an expert on bindings (or much else really!) so don't rely on what I say Smile It may be worth checking with other posters on here - I think CEM does/used to do Atomic recalls, he may be able to provide more information.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sideshow_Bob, I took them into our local place this morning - the guy is going to ring Atomic about getting the piece. Won't be very fast though. He did say that the skis were about 9 years old but "super bon" so that was good. Tomorrow morning I'll take Andy's boot in and get him to really check they're looking OK, then no doubt he will ski on them for the rest of the week. Andy is 6' 4" and today he's using my 165 Line Celebritys with girlie graphics. Laughing Good job it's snowing heavily with poor vis; nobody will see him.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The shop should remove the heel unit and check the date stamp, assuming it is in the recall age/model then atomic will send out a new heel unit and collect the old one from the shop, over here it normally takes 48hrs for the replacement part to get to the store
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy