Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Aldi ski stuff - from 27th Dec and motoring stuff from 30th, inc screenwash/

Poster: A snowHead
Just had the "Special Buys" email saying that ski stuff will be on sale from Dec 27th: Soft Shell jackets £38, trousers £18; thermals £9, snowboots £15 etc

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 27-12-10 15:33; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Butterfly, Thank you for sharing Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Butterfly, Yes, and 100% merino underwear.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Helmets at £19 as well according to the leaflet my Dad gave me yesterday.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/offers_week52Monday10.htm
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Such a scramble - particularly for ladies winter boots which all went within the first 10 minutes!!

Sadly no merino underwear in our local one, but managed to pick up some other stuff, so well worth the trip Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My local aldi was rammed with rabi pensioners after the boots and thermals, anyone looking for a cheap helmet i noticed they had a few styles but due to not wanting the get judo thrown by a pensioner i couldn't check the box for ratings.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
phindme wrote:
My local aldi was rammed with rabi pensioners after the boots and thermals, anyone looking for a cheap helmet ...

There's a joke in there somewhere.... Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Plenty of Merino in the Chaddesden late afternoon today, not many of the winter boots but didn't look if they were mens or ladies, plenty of everything else from the ski offer still in stock as well. The goggles Sophie got look even better than last years pair which she lost.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Picked up some of the merino thermals and they seem reasonable for buttons.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yep, have some of last years Merino and they have done the job in hot and cold weather just fine.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stevew wrote:
Helmets at £19 as well according to the leaflet my Dad gave me yesterday.

Went down to loom at our local Aldi this morning and lot's of kids ones left but only two white (ladies?). Looked OK but can't see myself in a white helmet so gave it a miss.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just bought myself a helmet (a child's one, as it fitted better Embarassed ) and a fleece neckwarmer for each of the family, a bargain at £2.99 each Very Happy We've had them from there before so know that they do a decent job
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The softshell kit looks nice this year with plenty of pockets, a generous cut and jackets at under £40. The only potential problem is what look to be rather poor quality zips, an ongoing issue with Aldi kit for the past few years. If they could sort this out they'd be onto a winner.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Zips definitely an issue. On Lidl skiwear as well. Surely the Germans know how make a good metal zip?!
latest report
Doesn't everything sell out as it is? Wouldn't make sense for the to improve the zips if so Wink
latest report
Bought Aldi softshell jackets for me and the 3 mini snowheads 2 years ago, all have been worn for some combination of skiing, sailing, hiking, every day wear over the course of the year, no zip problems from any of them. But looking they all have decent YKK zips everywhere so maybe its a corner that has been cut this year to keep the price down.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sun 2-01-11 14:16; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Had a look in my local Aldi today hoping to get some gloves, but they'd sold out. They did have a softshell jacket in my size which I was tempted to get. Assuming nobody has bought it in the meantime, will it still be there in a couple of days? Or do these offers mean that the goods are only kept in store for one week?
latest report
aldi north finchley still have jackets, thermals, goggles and helmets in stock for adults and kids - just got myself a softshell jacket...
snow conditions
ct1, Nope, they tend to hang around till sold (at least in the Aldis I go in). My jacket was reduced to about half price on a rail of random past clothing offers a few weeks after the Ski stuff had been in.
ski holidays
Bought a softshell jacket a couple of days ago. Surprised there were quite a few left. Usually this stuff is quickly gone.
This will be my second softshell from Aldi. Bought the first one 4yrs ago. I'm changing because this one has a snow skirt and pass pocket in left arm, which the 1st one didn't. Never had any issues with the zips.
latest report
Yup, went in today to get some Merino thermals for the kids (absolute bargain at £9.99 an item!) and some of the stupid cheap kids ski gloves as spare pairs for those times on holiday when it seems the kids must have showered with their gloves on they are so wet but yielded to temptation and bought one of the soft shells for me. As Kruisler, says this years is a big upgrade on the old model which has served me well and still will be used as an everyday fleece, lined, has a hood, snow skirt, lots more pockets and looking at the zips they seem to be one of the waterproof zip designs I've seen appearing on a variety of gear over the last year or two. The new one is certainly a better jacket than the Trespass stuff at about twice the price and would give the big name skiwear manufacturers a run for their money in terms of quality and features. And the Aldi one even comes with a fabric suit bag/hanger thingie!
snow report
Called in this morning to see if they had anything left. Nothing for me but got one of the soft shell jackets for hubby. Amazed at the quality for the price. I really liked the look of the soft shell pants, so might look in another store when I go to the in-laws later.
latest report
Hells Bells, Yep, Aldi soft shell pants kept me toasty warm in Val T last April!! And I've just worked out where I've seen that style of waterproof zip before, on my Rossignol Tribe jacket.
ski holidays
Went in to look at the snowboard jacket yesterday... Unlike the softshell it looked and felt cheap, e.g. no waterproof zips...
snow report
Hells Bells, Another vote for Aldi softshell pants. Three years of January skiing and still going strong. I have never been cold. Yet.
ski holidays
Well I had to take a look didnt I Shocked

Went to my Local store they still had loads of gear, came away with a Soft shell, had to really, it matchs my old Helly Atlas Jacket which was RRP £300 so pretty much a no brainer for £38
ski holidays
livetoski, Yep the only ones I've seen similar of late were some Descente ones in SkiWarehouse in Tamworth, but even with the discount in there still about 8 times the price of the Aldi ones!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bought some compression vests today £8.99 each. Will compare v Skins etc, but quality apparently very good. Price is one sixth!
ski holidays
twoodwar, Same sorth of price/quality comparisons for the merino stuff!
latest report
http://www.bitterwallet.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/aldi-500x375.jpg
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy