Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Aviemore "first time visitor"

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

Im headin up to Aviemore on monday for a couple of days skiing. I am staying in the macdonalds resort in Aviemore. is it best to drive up to the ski base or am i better getting the ski bus?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Using a car will make it much more flexible - though I think the ski bus is frequent and reliable. Parking is plentiful - with an overspill car park and shuttle bus if things get really busy.

We were hoping to ski there on Boxing Day and/or the 27th - but the current weather outlook is a bit ominous - more details at the following excellent Scottish skiing info site:

http://www.winterhighland.info/general/
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks for the information. the first day skiing ill drive up to get a feel of the place then decide what will be best.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mountainaddict i shuffled through the forums and noticed you commented on Mt Tremblant a couple of years ago. Did you go? there is a group of us headin out there in February staying in the Hilton. can you affer any advice & tips
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
manxmonty
Sorry - but I haven't been. Was it definitely me Puzzled - Can't remember as had so many postings on here.....

If you make a new post under 'Resorts' I'm sure you'll get some responses and useful pointers.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi Manx,

I stay at MacDonalds (good cooked breakfast from 7am!) and drive. You should leave at 8am from the hotel to aim to get to the car park at 8.30pm.
Will be up ther myself mid Jan for first time on snow this season - yay
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
manxmonty, we did tremblant a couple of years back, if your going there expecting "Canada" you'll be disapointed, its a hill rather than a mountain, and its very contrived in a Disney sort of way. Having said all that I had a good time because I was skiing everyday for 2 weeks, but my god was it cold, -39f, end of January, but this was freakish apparently. Good range of food in the bars but in comparison to the local town expensive. Lift system is good runs are varied if short, and there is plenty of them and there is always something organised from tubing to volleyball. We also had a few visits from some of the local Deer at night which the kids loved. Plenty of good shops to browse in resort and some bargins to be had in the ski shops.There was a great tremblant website run by a snowhead, jb007, called the tremblant insider but things got a bit heated with intrawest iirc. I'm sure there was a few threads on here from him. Have a good time anyway as you will be skiing and I won't.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy