Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

which is busiest

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
xmas, new year or mid term break, or which is the best week to go ie which is quietest with regard to crowds and transfer traffic,
did the mid term school break 3 years ago and it was fairly bad so wouldnt like to go through that or worse again.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
New Year in Les Deux Alpes in 2008 was HELL. Mega crowds, fighting in the bars, 4 hour transfer and it cost a few bob too.

A small Austrian place at New Year might be fine though
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just after New Years is usually quietest.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
creedgearoid, if you are limited to school holidays, the quietest would be Easter, but that isn't on your list.

The drawback with Christmas (and New Year) is that snow conditions are less guaranteed than Feb. I've been away at New Year and in Feb and they are both busy.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Xmas always quieter than New Year and probably quieter than mid-term.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I would take the kids out of school for a week and avoid the rip off kids holiday week prices. My kids are both grown up now but we took them out of school for a week every year for skiing from a very young age and it did neither of them any harm (both ended up with degrees from Uni and good jobs). In fact we went with large groups skiing and it probably did them more good than going to school by teaching them how to interact and have a conversation with other human beings, not a skill taught at school! Alternatively go mid term but go to a resort that is not full of Brits where the holiday week of the locals may not clash with ours.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
red 27, thats exactly what we are looking at for 2012 in katschberg. yeah I know its a bit early but have a big group so need to start planning now and was wondering which would be best re crowds, xmas or new year. will never do mid term again so wanted comparisons with that period.
Ray Zorro, did easter sking a few years back and didnt like as it felt more like a sun holiday athmosphere, if u can understand me.
beequin, just what i needed to know
Kaiser846,re taking kids out of school- have been doing that for years and totally agree with you re the interaction and life experience, (the kids are not even ours!! nephews and nieces) but next year my niece is doing her leaving cert exams ( final school yr exams) so no way mom would allow it.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
creedgearoid, we were in Kappl this year at NY (well 2nd onwards) and the pistes were pretty quiet but deserted after around 5th. If you can get to Innsbruck, the transfer should only take over an hour. We're headingback there on 15th Jan, so will be expecting the place to oursleves Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy