Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Rosiere 2010-11

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
pam w wrote:
Waynos then weighed in with the less than entirely accurate observation that this unfortunate situation was not reflected in Ski Amade.

Would you care to retract that quote please? I've not made any "less than entirely accurate observation", I live within the ski amade, this week we've had 30+cms of fresh snow and I've still ample ski resorts in the local area to ski at. If you care to take a look at the austria snowreport thread you'll see some visual images of the conditions here this week. It was not a SMUG comment, I understand fts enjoys this area as well as la ros so was just pointing out that conditions here right now are fairly good. I never claimed any particular lift or resorts were open or closed. It's been a pretty crap snow year here like many places but this week has been a much better. Apologies if this thread is now OT, not my intention.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Anyway.......La Rosiere did see the majority of the pistes on the French side closed as our week developed. However, the resort benefitted from being part of the San Bernardo ski area because La Thuile seems to have fared better with some light snow and the higher altitude plus north facing slopes. It was still possible to ski down into La Thuile although the slopes from 2200m seemed to have a decent enough snow base to last a couple more weeks. Most pistes on the upper La Thuile side were open all week.

I can't remember queuing for more than 30 secs for the whole week, the pistes were very quiet and we got about 4-5 hrs decent ski time each day. As long as you were prepared for the narrow and slushy Choucas followed by the run to Les Eucherts at the end of the day, I would say the skiing was remarkably good given the overall poor snow fall this year.

For a last minute, late season deal, this was surprisingly one of my most enjoyable family ski trips. Probably because the kids weren't expecting to go this year, they skied well in the conditions and our expectations - being low the day before we left - were soon raised after the first day on the slopes. Blue sky days and snow.....
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
waynos, pamw, and me!....
i gone and made this...
http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1776137#1776137
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Would you care to retract that quote please?

You said the Ski Amade did not reflect the poor conditions reported from La Ros. My inference from their website was that a substantial majority of pistes (69%) and lifts (63%) throughout Ski Amade were closed, with some local areas closed altogether.

If those figures are correct your contention that poor conditions were NOT reflected in the Ski Amade was inaccurate.

If I've made a complete balls of reading the website and in fact the Ski Amade is not, as you said, reflecting the same poor conditions, then yes, of course I will retract that quote.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pam w, Once again I've never made any claim to the fact that x% of piste are open or closed, you, from your armchair in another country, has weighed in and accused me of mis-representing conditions on the hills I actually physically skied on and of being smug. If I was being smug I would of posted photos of fresh snow and deep powder being skied from last week. What the hell I picture is worth a thousand words (and statistics).

My balcony last wednesday

Note the trees aren't green they have some white stuff on them that they call schnee out here.

We were going to stop for lunch but the tables are out of action for some reason.

If you judge the quality of your skiing by the kilometre of piste that is available to ski on then that's your issue.

Or you could read this independent report on snow conditions across europe last week.
http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/news/story.aspx?storyID=8126
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
waynos, Very Off topic, PLease post in Ski Amade thread.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dwarf Vader, or rename this one Smile
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Apologies Dwarf Vader, for posting on here, but from a 5 word posting I placed in the previous page I've been accused of having "smug superiority" and of being unable to observe the conditions that I've being skiing in by someone that makes no claim to have skied anywhere near the mountains where I ski at the time in question. I've no issue with La Ros, I've spent 2 seasons up the road at Val and had many day trips to La Ros and other nearby areas.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
waynos, We coulds combine the 2 threads. Having my 2 favourite ski regions on the same thread would be most convenient.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have to agree with waynos, it maybe off topic but being called smug etc wasn't really called for from a very short first post.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Oy, eff off and stick to the snow reporting in La Rosiere.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Been snowing almost non stop for the last few days, I'm looking at 2ft's on the balcony wall, much more on the hill.
Nothing bashed yep but was well worth a walk up the hill.

Lifts open this Friday 16th. Looks good
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Lifts slowly opening hour by hour, link to La Thuile still closed. Avi risk 5. Some flat light higher up. road to resort is good.

Fontaine frodes is in very good condition and open which it was not all last season.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy