Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes Val Claret - can you ski from the bottom of town to Tignes?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're looking at a Chalet in Val Claret.

Only problem I can see is that it's at the bottom of town and the lifts are at the top of town.
Does anyone know the best way of getting to the pistes?
Catch bus from road near chalet? Are there escalators? Can we ski down round the Lac and into Tignes town?

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=204079579071102379371.000497de9fdf2fb38d238&z=14
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
its probably the chalets round the lake i guess?

No way to ski it... its a bus to choice of 4 lifts

You can ski a very flat run most of the way back there
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've drawn the chalet location on the google map. Pity that they don't have streetview.

I've read that the bus loop is only 20 minutes long, so not going to be a big problem there.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
the bus stop is on the main road about 30m from the chalet, its easy enough to walk to the village at night but with ski gear its a bit far, there are a couple lifts from the main road up to the second 'level' of the village

You can ski behind the club med back to the chalet, hang a right turn at the restaraunt(up near the free lift dropoff), can't really remember as it was years go but I think there is only a little pushing needed
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Does this help. You may need to track right to view Les Chartreux & Val Claret.

http://www.tignes.net/en/infos-pratiques/resort-map-91.html
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you're at the bottom end (i.e. not the lift end) of Claret, it's either pretty flat or uphill to get to the lifts (so probably mostly ski-able home). The bus is pretty good and frequent - I don't know how frequent I'm afraid as we were ski in/out so didn't really use it much - and it'll take you to the bottom of the Bollin and Fresse lifts in Claret, or I think it also stops opposite the lift that'll take you up to the level of the Tufs lift.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The bus service is every few minutes during the day. Can't remember exactly how many minutes but it was never a serious issue. You can catch it to the end of the road where you will find Bollin/Fresse and the Grande Motte funicular or go the other way to the centre of Le Lac. If you want to get to Tufs you can take just Bollin , which is the "nursery" lift in Val Claret and ski down to the higher level of the village where you will find Tufs - and the ski schools.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Is it possible to ski down from the bottom of Val Claret to Le Lac?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
the bottom of val claret and le lac are at the pretty much the same altitude, theres a path goes across the frozen lake linking both villages for most of the winter!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
tomstickland wrote:
Is it possible to ski down from the bottom of Val Claret to Le Lac?

No - not unless you're a cross country type Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
aligbigdog wrote:
the bottom of val claret and le lac are at the pretty much the same altitude, theres a path goes across the frozen lake linking both villages for most of the winter!

Usually a cross-counrty track around the edge, too.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
OK, thanks. All makes sense now.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy