Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Re: Skiing week of 19 March 2011

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I am organising a ski trip to La Plagne for week of 19 March. I am looking for 2-3 extra people to join a mixed age range group of intermediate skiers. We propose the following trip:

When: SAT 19 March- SAT 26 March
Where: La Plagne/ Les Arcs (Paradiski)
Where exactly: Les Cloches
Accommodation: Chalet Castor, http://www.snowchateaux.co.uk/chalets/la-plagne/chalet-castor
Why: Comfortable catered chalet run by the owner, Dan, who I've chatted to a couple of times and who seems really nice. The chalet is well-located with ski in/out and just 1 min by minibus to the ski school so beginners need not ski to it.
Cost £440 pp for half board
7 ensuite twin rooms capable of accommodating 14 people so sharing would be required.
Ski pass for Paradiski is around £230 for 7 days- or you can choose just La Plagne which is cheaper
Flights: around £100 and transfers are around £80 pp

The chalet is located in the village of Les Cloches at the westerly edge of La Plagne close to the Vanoise Express giving access to the whole of the Paradiski area which is snow sure in March. There is a terrific 2km descent red, which is supposedly the longest vertical drop in the world. Both La Plagne and Les Arcs are a paradise for intermediate boarders and skiers alike. Beginners are well catered for also with an abundance of gentle tree-lined blues and a large concentration of ski schools right by the chalet.

The chalet is mostly used by families with young kids who are learning.

There is apres in the village of Les Coches, 7 bars and one small club.

Travel options to Les Cloches include flight to Geneva, train to Bourg St Maurice or driving.

There are a plethora of flights to Geneva from all over the UK, so flights and transfers can be arranged after the chalet is reserved.

The train is actually a great option if you live relatively close to London. The ski train leaves St Pancras at 10am on Sat 19th and travels non-stop to Bourg St Maurice, which is just 20 mins by free transfer to the chalet. The train gets into Bourg at 18:20, so you'd be at the chalet by 7pm in time for a shower, beer and dinner.

The return non-stop train journey isn't quite so appealing as it leaves at 10pm and travels overnight. A one way is possible for £159 and, say, a BA or easyJet flight on the return leg.

Next steps: In order to reserve the chalet, a deposit of £150 pp is required. I can pre-reserve for 48 hours by calling Dan. He has another party interested so we need to make decisions quickly.

Please email me asap if you are interested on martin.laina@gmail.com

Cheers,

Martin
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy