Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I should be in france, now

Poster: A snowHead
Well, I should be in france now, but instead I'm back home. Was due to fly out to CHambery from manchester at 13.35. Manchester airport is fine, as Chambery - as I understand it, the 06.00 departure went entirely to schedule. The plane should then have come back for a second trip, with us on board - but didn't. I heard it was diverted to Gatwick to replace another plane that was having "technical difficulties", but that could be a case of Chinese whispers

At least we heard about the cancellation before the 2 hour queue for checkin - we instead queued for 30 minutes just to get "clarification". The flight is now scheduled to depart tomorrow at 5am, so we checked out baggage in and got the bus home. Sadly the rescheduled flight is at the ungodly hour of 5am, fingers crossed we get into La Plagne early enough for a half day on the slopes.

Annoyingly, the crystal website was updates to give notice of this cancellation at 11.30 this morning - we left home at 11am

Oh well, it'll be an early night for me then Sad
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Was it just a sneaky short break you had planned?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
no, week away over christmas. hacked off now Sad
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Who is your carrier? We flew into Gatwick on Jet2 yesterday on the plane which usually flies to Manchester because of the snow disruption. The Gatwick flight was stuck on the ground so they switched the Manchester planes route, the Gatwick one was then supposed to switch to the Manchester route...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It's a thomson flight.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Know they were struggling with flights yesterday too - we were due to fly out at 1050 and were told to expect a delay until at least 1430 - then at about 1145 the board changed to 'Boarding now' and within half an hour we were taking off on the just arrived Manchester plane heading for Gatwick. Interesting asside was that when we landed, Gatwick weren't expecting us so had no ground crew in place - took about half an hour to deploy the air bridge which a groundie cleared a path to by whacking lunps of snow out of the way with a plastic cone... nice to see that LGW are saving money of useless luxurys like shovels... rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
nbt, a full week Shocked Bollux!

Lets hope you get there. I didn't know Manchester had been affected at all.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have seen too many horror stories to ever book a flight to Chambery.

Summer? possibly, but never in winter.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Good luck nbt, hope you get away in the morning fingers crossed up here
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sorry to hear you've been delayed - best of luck for the morning Smile
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
What about a wee(!) drive up to Scotland for the week? We have awesome conditions here at the moment. Check out Ski Scotland and WInter Highland website's for the best up to date information
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Good luck nbt!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
bar shaker, it seems chambery's not the problem, the plane got there ok from what I hear. then again , it's all hearsay, you never really find out in these situations

Smokin Joe, roga, cathy, thanks

g_angus1, as you;ll see elsewhere, scotland is a possibility for later in the season - and might be on the cards for xmas if all esle fails!

latest news is that the 0500 flight is now 0730. thank god I checked before going to bed, rebooked the taxi - an extra 2.5 hours kip is most welcome!

right, up the wooden hill to befordshire, as they say, night all!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
nbt, Good luck with it - been there done that myself and filing the insurance claim as we speak...
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
flight departed on time, transfer went smoothly, got an hours skiing on free lifts yesterday. skiing today has been great and the staff are fabulous so fingers crossed everything contiues to get better Very Happy
snow report
nbt, excellent!
snow conditions
nbt, Good to hear, enjoy. snowHead
ski holidays
nbt, excellent news.
ski holidays
nbt, a bit better then, thankfully Smile (And thanks for the PM too!)
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy