Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ladies Downhill at Val d'Isere

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I was watching the ladies today on Eurosport, downhill and combined (what is that?) and was listening to the commentary. Did anybody else think Chemmy was providing an excellent commentary? She was providing insights into the personalities of the girls and good analysis of their technique, strengths and weaknesses and all during the fast paced action (only spoilt by the insecure male co-commentator who kept cutting her off by shouting).

Now, I, being a life-long couch potato sports fan, have listened to commentary across the entire spectrum of sports, and i must say, Chemmy is almost up there with the best of them....Maskill, Blofeld, Wadell, Aliss....no joke. Her enthusiasm, enjoyment and knowledge of the sport really shines through to the viewer, in her own bubbly style - i for one have never enjoyed a ladies downhill race as much as when accompanied by Chemmy's insightful comments (hence the urge to share this essay with my fellow snowheads).

I hope she continues the commentary, and not just in the ladies events and not just on Eurosport (who are world-renowned for having truly awful commentators), but for the BBC. If they bring back Ski Sunday, i think Chemmy would be excellent as a type of outdoors/roving reporter...much like Brundle does for F1...interviewing the skiers and doing analyses with the slo-mo (using similar technology that was invented by the yanks in NFL and so successfully copied by sky sports premier league coverage)...along with real-time race commentary. It would add a lot of 'life' to the sport if we could know more about the personalities; as opposed to just seeing goggled-up fit birds in lycra doing the same-ish kind of turns (this is where her technical analysis would be benefit to novices like myself).

I know there are folks on here who speak to Chemmy, so I hope they pass on my opinion (if they deem fit - and i hope they take note of the fact that this is more than i've ever written online in my entire life and my hand is hurting). While I understand her desire to continue competing, i think she should find time and DEFINITELY keep this in the back of her mind coz she's a natural. Especially when one considers the truly shocking money some of these third rate commentators (and newsreaders who just read from a pre-scripted autocue) earn.

And another thing...why isnt there a TV team following Chemmy about? "Chemmy. The road to recovery" - kind of catchy, no? I'm a sucker for an underdog/fighting back against the odds type story (think of cute Rocky on skis) and I'd like to see her training and other rehab exercises...along with the inside story of life as a pro. It would do wonders for her profile and the sport as a whole. Skiing really needs to open up; just like F1 are trying to do and snooker has done recently.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
...and before I am berrated/crucified/burned at the stake/chucked off the forum... i didnt mean to imply Chemmy was a dog (under or otherwise) and that she's living life as a 'pro' wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy