Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I am taking a school group to Valloire in March - any advice?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
First time in resort, but experienced with school trips. Always good to get the lie of the land.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Take them all over to Valmeinier - there's nowhere to spend any money and get up to trouble !

Nice place to go skiing though - good value, good snow
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lovely place - nice French feel quite unlike some of the mega resorts. Need to make group aware of the road - busy enough to be a concern. Good skating rink + bowling alley. Prices lower than many resorts. Quite extensive slopes, but a few steep drags.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We've been there a couple of times and really liked it - the locals are very friendly. The only English we heard spoken was by kids on a school trip - there were a lot of Dutch but mostly French families (half term). They are always excited about their local boy, Jean-Baptiste Grange, who sometimes wins slalom races. There is a very good website www.cybervalloire.com which has a lot of input from Laurent Guillaume, presenter of Chroniques d'en Haut (France 3), and it is very informative. The only downside is it's in French but if you have any questions you could post in English on the forum as they seem to speak it well. Or maybe you're a French teacher! There are some lovely long blue pistes which take you far away from lifts/people. Another excellent site is www.ski-valloire.net which has an interactive piste map - click on a name and you get a description of the piste and photos. Again in French. I did a spreadsheet with piste info and (translated) descriptions which I could send you if you want. I'd like to go back there, preferably during their ice sculpture week.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Urqcastle, Whats the age for the students?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
its a great place and has had a good start to the season Smile
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
freeheelskier wrote:
Urqcastle, Whats the age for the students?
Children age 8-12, only 13 children in group.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Keen to know about nursery slopes.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Urqcastle, Easy age,, more difficult if they are older,, There is alot of nice places to go with them,, sev112, have say Valmeinier, and I realy agree with that, or La Toussiere, This kind of resort with no drunken scandinavian or english, they can realy looks like neanderthaler,,,, so not take them to Tignes, Val Thorens, etc Happy Xmas, and a nice skiing trip with the kids,,, Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Where are you staying? There are nursery slopes in the Verneys area which look pretty flat and easy greens/blues down to that area from Setaz. The donkey farm might appeal to that age group - you ski down and smell them before you see them! Think it's at bottom of Moulin Benjamin lift, but the chairs on that side are slow and there can be long waits at peak times if you are going at half term. Up on Setaz there is a chair called Thimel which has a very easy blue going back down or you can take Combe then Joubarde which are pretty gentle. Up on the Crey de Quart there is a slow, short drag with a minimal incline. Also, if you take the Lac de la Vieille or Brive 2 you can take Escargots which is a long green path but you can vary it by going on a little snow park with bumps etc - I think they'd enjoy that. If they have had lessons on dry slopes already then they would be able to do something like Selles fairly soon - it is not taxing but a lovely, long (?7km) run which makes you feel you are in the middle of nowhere (unless it is busy at the end of the day!). That leads in to a green path (Myosotis). I would think it's a good place for beginners as you can access long runs once you can turn.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy