Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

EZY Cancelled Sat AM LGW flight - and Sat PM from LTN - Bollox!

Poster: A snowHead
Had a few days booked in val thorens, sleazy to GVA, holiday autos to VT, self-catering for a few days. Taking the niece as she's desparate to ski as hasn't for 2 years - she can't go any other time of year due to work and other sports constraints.

Text message as I left the office tongiht "Easyjet have cancelled your flight due to the possibility of snow"

Other than driving all the way what other options might the snowheads massive help us out with - need to be back xmas eve at the latest. yep box hill might be an option as is hemel but I'm rather partial to my tartiflette...

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 18-12-10 17:29; edited 4 times in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bertie bassett, Bad luck. Sad Is train a possibility?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bertie bassett, that's a real booger. I think I'd be inclined to turn up there anyway, and hope you can get a flight out to Gatwick. You have nothing to lose, after all.

Best of luck.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
bertie bassett, Sorry to hear that. IF (that's a big if) the snow that EJ expect to fall does come a lot of folks on later flights to GVA may not make it to LGW and you could benefit from their misfortune.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Did you try other airlines? BA? If EZ cancelled it doesn't mean other carriers would.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
bertie bassett, you'll be able to rebook onto another flight - Luton? Stansted? Xmas eve Friday - drive?

We're just back from GVA as our GVA-LGW flight to the office Xmas party was cancelled. Silver lining being 50cms of fresh to ski in the morning. Yummmy.

I would NOT turn up unless you KNOW you can get on a flight. You have 12 extra hours to find a solution by starting now rather than waiting...

I think Gatwick's going to be a zoo tomorrow and some little part of me is glad that I'm not going to have to face the return journey that we had programmed.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Swissair LHR tomorrow evening £168 (provided you do a return trip with them, sorry I'm not a travel agent so cannot be bothered to look further for you) But LHR doesn't seem to shut at the first flake of snow unlike LGW.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
yes, if you can get, and decide to afford, an alternative, fine. But if you don't, I'd go to Gatwick and hope for the best (though if there's as much snow as that you probably wouldn't get there anyway).
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
same happened to us twice last year - once with Easyjet to Innsbruck (we rebooked two days before and flew Swiss to Zurich) and once when booked on Swiss at the end of April (volcano!) and we drove! Two of us drove there on a sunday night and back on a thursday - was well worth it Smile
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
just on the news that Easy have cancelled everything out of LGW tomorrow morning.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Cheers guys for the feedback. I think I'll go for an 08:00 revielle and then see what the lie of the land is depending on what the weather is actually like...
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
gatwick looks like it will suffer badly tomorrow. Try a flight from Stansted (which should miss the snow) and come back on your booked flight.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'd see if you can get a Eurostar/TGV ticket. Val Thorens probably has buses from moutiers.

Good luck
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
the trains mightn't be immune - there's snow across northern France and the tunnel was badly affected last year.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Nadenoodlee wrote:
just on the news that Easy have cancelled everything out of LGW tomorrow morning.
I wonder why - the snow isn't due until lunchtime - http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/se/gatwick_forecast_weather.html
snow report
agw wrote:
Nadenoodlee wrote:
I wonder why - the snow isn't due until lunchtime - http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/se/gatwick_forecast_weather.html

The aviation forecast for Gatwick is currently:

EGKK 171659Z 1718/1824 VRB03KT CAVOK PROB30 1720/1803 3000 BR TEMPO 1803/1806 2000 SHSN BKN008 SCT015CB BECMG 1806/1809 03012KT 4000 -SHSN BKN006 TEMPO 1809/1821 1000 SN BKN002 PROB40 TEMPO 1810/1819 0200 +SN VV/// BECMG 1821/1824 VRB03KT BKN002

which suggests snow showers from 3am to 6am, reducing to light snow showers between 6am and 9am, with snow at times between 9am and 9pm and a 40% probability of heavy snow at times between 10am and 7pm.
snow report
Alastair, so why has stelio's mob cancelled all the frikkin flights then...
snow report
bertie bassett wrote:
Alastair, so why has stelio's mob cancelled all the frikkin flights then...

I imagine they're expecting the snow to accumulate rapidly. It's minus 10 there at the moment, so certainly cold enough for the snow to settle.
ski holidays
Rebooked on a later flight out of luton - any thoughts on places to stay near moutiers for the saturday night?
latest report
bertie bassett, I've stayed in the IBIS and l'Auberge de Savoie amongst others in Moutiers. The IBIS is standard soulless stuff and the Auberge de Savoie is cheap and cheerful. I would stay in either again but would pick the Auberge for feeling French.
snow report
bertie bassett, try the Hotel Terminus in Moutiers http://www.hotelterminus-moutiers.com/, right opposite the station, cheap, nice and clean, french and friendly. Good luck!
ski holidays
Says on the website Gatwick has reopened
latest report
russ_e, Gatwick hasn't even shut yet! The crazy thing is that EZY have pulled all their flights on the basis of a forecast.
snow conditions
This was on the easyJet site. Says Gatwick is open but expect delays.
snow report
We are due to go on Tuesday to VT from Belfast, but everything is shut today and it looks like it is getting worse. I am going to the airport on Monday with a spade, and if I can't clear it and the flight is delayed more than 4 hours, I am driving there.

I think Easyjet have cancelled the flights because most of Scotland and Northern Ireland are shut, so all the planes are in the wrong places
snow conditions
I'm quite glad I didn't book the hotel now, as the evening flight from LTN was cancelled..
ski holidays
bertie bassett, Sad
latest report
I'm 15 miles from Luton, we've had about 3-4" in the last 2 hours. We pretty much managed to miss any snow a couple of weeks ago.

We currently have friend here who had can't get home 5 miles away as nothing is getting up a hill not far from our village.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
So I've got a full refund on the 2nd holiday auto's booking, just waiting to hear If I got one on the morning booking.. flight refund applied for by sleazy - will need to see if I can claim the appt, hotel @ LGW and car parking back from the insurance co...

And then I see the 3v snow reports thread Crying or Very sad
snow report
bertie bassett, Sad I bet you are gutted
snow report
bertie bassett, Sad Sad sorry mate fresh out of suggestions.
snow conditions
bertie bassett, that sucks... Crying or Very sad

With this happening more and more, in due course, a 'lessons learnt' re insurance would be very interesting...
snow report
bertie bassett, that's rotten! So sorry Sad
snow conditions
bertie bassett, Sad sorry to hear that.
ski holidays
Look its winter, snow happens & flights have to be cancelled & airports have to close. Its just life.
latest report
stanton, it is just life. Stuff happens. But would it kill you to offer a little bit of sympathy on an unfortunate situation stopping a friend from heading to the mountains?
snow report
stanton wrote:
Look its winter, snow happens & flights have to be cancelled & airports have to close. Its just life.

Do you not do sympathy, stanton?

Bertie Bassett, sorry it's not worked out for you! Sad

Shame for your niece too!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy