Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Heather Mills to compete in 2014 games?

Poster: A snowHead
Heather Mills could compete at the 2014 Winter Paralympic Games in Sochi after being offered a place in Great Britain's disabled ski team's development squad. The team manager has said that her "good levels of fitness and determination" could now win her a place at the Games even though she will be 46 when they take place.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010/dec/16/heather-mills-2014-winter-paralympics-ski-team
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
davidof, There appears to be a rope strung across the slope, did someone let Macca in ? Twisted Evil
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
'Break a Leg' Heather Razz
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm no instructor but looking at her stance in that pic, I can't see her getting through the 2nd leg of the selection process.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
admin wrote:
I'm no instructor but looking at her stance in that pic, I can't see her getting through the 2nd leg of the selection process.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Interesting, when I asked if I could try out for the team I was "too old" and "we prefer people who are in their twenties so that we can have them for a 10 - 20 years". Money certainly talks.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My friend also tried to get on the team at aged 33 years and he was also told "sorry your too old to be on the team." Perhaps the age limit no longer applies, maybe you should try out again.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Age should never be a barrier. But I'm wondering why she chooses to expose her stump: I mean, you can buy perfectly good ski pants with two legs, so why go to the bother of cutting one back to show the pylon? Unless of course you are trying to make some kind of point. Puzzled
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
admin wrote:

I missed that joke first time round, but it is actually rather neat!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
BUMP - seems Heather is out of contention for the 2014 Paralympics - from the brief reports I've seen in mainstream media it seems to be over non-approved equipment? Nothing to do with ability or injury or any of the usual barriers to participation. Anyone know more?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
What it says in the Telegraph
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/skiing/10524540/Heather-Mills-withdraws-from-2014-Winter-Paralympic-Games-in-Sochi-after-an-issue-with-adaptive-equipment.html
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks stewart woodward, that article also mentions 'on the back of an injury' so her withdrawal wasn't all to do with the gear. But I haven't yet found any more detail on what the adaption issue really is? Never mind.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
This on BBC this morning...
Quote:
Heather Mills accused of harassment by IPC after row-
IPC skiing committee head Sylvana Mestre told BBC Sport: "I was trying to explain to [Mills] that this is not the equipment we approved earlier in the year and then that was it, she exploded. "She jumped on me. She grabbed me from the back and she started to say that 'you don't know who I am, I will make your life miserable'."

More here
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/disability-sport/25441200
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Richard_Sideways, that's an interesting report. She has clearly reached a very high level of skiing ability, whatever you think of her. She'd almost certainly beat most Snowheads through the gates. wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
This topic on 'The Piste' seems to have the most up-to-date info
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=105661

Mods - suggest lock this one, please
snow conditions
Dubaian, why? This thread contains a lot more of the history of her attempt to take part in the Paralympics. I watched her train at Sölden earlier this year and was quite impressed by the standard she had reached s well as the work she was putting in.

Her boots are specifically fitted for her disability by Atomic at the factory in Altenmarkt, so changes to her prosthetic lower leg must have forced changes to her boot after the approval was obtained in the summer. I think there is a lot more to this than is being reported here.

There is a lot of anti-Mills propaganda both here and in general. Her coach is ready to appeal and the team support her, so something is not being reported in an impartial and objective manner! I don't particularly like her from what I have read, but watching her in October she seemed to be very unassuming and bloody hard-working, she certainly was not pulling the "don't you know who I am" stunt to get a front row seat with all the other VIPs in the reserved area of the Sölden Arena. She was just sitting quietly on the bleachers with everyone else.
snow report
Even from the the far from impartial reporting it seems to like there was clash of personalities and probably some right and wrong on both sides!
snow conditions
Samerberg Sue, just to focus sH attention in one place. And I linked from The Piste to this thread so its overall visibilty might actually increase, even if locked.
But the mods very rarely lock things these days so both threads can flow onwards. Thanks for your input.

And as davkt says there are always two sides to a problem. Hope it can be resolved amicably.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 19-12-13 13:24; edited 1 time in total
latest report
davkt wrote:
Even from the the far from impartial reporting it seems to like there was clash of personalities and probably some right and wrong on both sides!

if youve ever been involved with the 'heirachy' they can really have their heads buried!!!! rolling eyes
snow report
iskar wrote:
davkt wrote:

if youve ever been involved with the 'heirachy' they can really have their heads buried!!!! rolling eyes

Yep, that Sylvana Mestre needs to get the athlete's gear ratified double quick. I want the best athlete competing not the ones who are best at filling in forms.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 19-12-13 14:32; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
PJSki, any atheist is a good one in my book.
latest report
under a new name wrote:
PJSki, any atheist is a good one in my book.

Bloody predictive text! Embarassed
ski holidays
Maybe she should try swimming? : http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/children-evacuated-from-swimming-pool-after-prosthetic-leg-mistaken-for-paedophile-9010525.html
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy