Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Swiss skier, Lara Gut, suspended for criticizng coach

Poster: A snowHead
Skiing star Lara Gut has been suspended for two races by the Swiss ski federation this week, after she criticized head coach and former mentor Mauro Pini in interviews. She will miss the World Cup giant slalom and slalom races on December 28th and 29th in Semmering, Austria. Dierk Biesel, the federation's sports director, said: "We don't accept that an athlete blames the head coach and expresses herself this way in public, and especially not in the media".
...See: http://www.skiracing.com/?q=node/9088

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 21-12-10 21:54; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Gutted for her Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
So can we expect to see her skiing for Luxemburg soon?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Guess thats the Swiss way, tow the party line or else........................

Lichenstein or Luxembourg as Steilhang, says, maybe team up with Chemmy, she deserves better from our UK ski fereration and lottery funding. rolling eyes
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Local press are pushing for a reinstatement as she has set fastest times in practice, the Swiss are in outrage and it's front page! If the coaches are not careful she will hope over to the Italian Federation as they are desperate to have her. Think she has dual nationality.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Don't see why she just can't take part as a Swiss competitor but not affiliated to the team in the same way Bode Miller went independent. I can't see how they can stop her from racing if she wants to. Anyway, today's race cancelled, not looking good for tomorrow either so that's the two race suspension almost served I guess.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bode Swiller, The Swiss allowed Sonia Nef to train by herself a few years back, I don't remember her sounding off in the press though.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Maybe it inspired her today getting third in the downhill. Her first good result this year. Some had written her off.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
OMG! she's a 'Pixie'! I've seen bigger Barbie dolls. I've just watched her Val d' downhill and she's a spunky wee thing too. Lindsey Vonn's run was astonishing but she ain't 'arf a great ox . . . I'm gonna go hurt myself in a corner now Embarassed
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
double post
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
OK . . . so you can't edit yer own crap in news Confused
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Masque, edited for ya! Little Angel
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Changing countries is not that easy when it comes to skiing. If she would do this, she would never be in top 10 again, especially because Swiss ski federation most likely wouldn't agree with it. So after 2 years "ban" from all ski competitions under FIS, she would start with no FIS points. This would mean, she wouldn't be even able to start in World cup for beginning. If Swiss federation would agree with this "transfer" she could keep her points, but 2 year no competition issue stays. But in such case, I doubt Swiss ski federation would agree, so all points are gone too.
As far as this 2 race ban goes, I totally agree with it. Media is not place to wash dirty laundry. There are ways to clear those things, and newspapers or tv interviews are not. Besides, she's far from decent results this year, to be acting like biggest star on WC.
And short reply to question why she can't go to race on her own. Bode didn't go either. Sure he had Team America, but US ski team signed him for each race. If they wouldn't, Bode wouldn't get even accreditation to watch race, not to mention he would be nowhere near race course. With FIS, they are dealing ONLY with national ski federation. All applications go through national ski federation. FIS never did, and most likely never will, deal with anyone except national ski federation. So if your national ski team/federation doesn't send your name as starter on particular race, you can only watch that race from TV... if you like it or not. So Bode, even if he was traveling around on his own, was still racing under US ski team, with their sponsors on race suit, and most important, with their agreement, he can race. There are still quite few racers who still do this (Tina Maze is one of them for example), but they all agreed about this with their national ski teams and federations.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
double post
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
argh.... same problem as Masque Smile Sorry guys Smile)
latest report
primoz, fixed it for ya! Little Angel
snow report
Thanks Smile
With edited post I just wanted to add, that I have no idea how would be with her Olympics if she would switched and race for different country. If she would be competing in Vancouver, or at least be signed as athlete for Olympics (even without racing), she would need to skip Sochi too. In this case, when she (most likely) wasn't on list of athletes, I have no idea how it would go then for her in Sochi.
snow report
[quote="Masque"]OMG! she's a 'Pixie'! I've seen bigger Barbie dolls. I've just watched her Val d' downhill and she's a spunky wee thing too. Lindsey Vonn's run was astonishing but she ain't 'arf a great ox . . . I'm gonna go hurt myself in a corner.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010_swimsuit/winter/lindsey-vonn/10_lindsey-vonn_1.html

Ox?!! I guess humour is at play.
snow conditions
That pic's been airbrushed lightningdan, it's not raining.
latest report
FenlandSkier wrote:
That pic's been airbrushed lightningdan, it's not raining.

Thanks for that, thought she looked OK.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy