Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfer Intelligence - Warning

Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

My first post...and a so angry i could cry post.....

I have spent 2 weeks trying to book a transfer with the so called 'transfer intelligence' people. It was 156euro each way for eight people. Dont use them their customer service is shocking, and they cannot garuntee your booking it transpires until they get your money.

After about 10 days they sent me a link to book... it broke.... three more days of trying and they no longer have anything available. It also transpires that the price they gave me was not available at the time I confirmed my interest, and that the link was a mistake. SO there i was sitting believing I'd got us a great deal and less hassle but actually all the time the other transfers were filling up.

So here I am a week til I go, (26th) peak season and an offer of a 250euro each way - on which TI are losing 6euro (shame) and me 100euro.

Can someone out there help me - this is the first time I have organised a trip (at all, let alone for 8 people) and I am at a loss. Can soemone advise about the local bus?

cheers Crying or Very sad
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jorporter, Oh dear Sad but welcome to snowHead all the same. Afraid I'm not familiar with TI, but where are you trying to get to/from?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi thanks!

we are going from the train station in Grenoble to les deux alpes - oops the red mist clouded my ability to write in a coherent manner.... rolling eyes

this company seems to be a british front for a number of french firms, a bit of a one man band as far as I can figure out hidden behind an 0871 number.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Edit ... just realised that 250 euro each way is the total for 8 people ! Embarassed

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 16-12-10 12:43; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jorporter, The bus station in Grenoble is just outside the train station. http://www.vfd.fr/ is the place to look.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
jorporter, have you tried Ben's Bus?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm no expert, but at €500 Euro for the round trip it might be cheaper to hire either two small cars of a mini bus for the week.
Additionally, you might ask someone connected with your accomodation if they now of a local outfit offering transfers, I just had a quick look at the LDA tourist web site and found a page with some taxi companies etc. on .....
http://commerces.les2alpes.com/www-liste_services-AMESER[AVITRA-670-HIVER-UK-2ALPES.html
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Local bus is €22 each return
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Used TI from Innsbruck to Corvara and we had very good service and quite a good price from them.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Another vote for the local bus, used it several times. Booking office is to the left as you come out of the train station
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Local bus is easy and as someone said, the bus station is literally just outside the front door of the train station. There is a good network of buses for locals going to ski resorts (who seem to prefer to bus rather than drive, judging by colleagues there).
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ski, that site is for the La Grave service, not Les Deux Alpes
The local bus timetable is here: http://www.transisere.fr/ftp/FR_Lignes/Desserte%20Oisans.pdf . Check carefully which days they run though, as most of those listed are only summer services. There's also an on-line finder at http://www.transisere.fr/ . Looks to me like there's one at 10am and one at 18:00. If you want that bus, you will probably have to book up ahead of time, as it may get very busy. I don't see an obvious way of booking onto it though, other than by turning up in person (which will probably be too late) or by telephone.

Colin B, are you sure? I thought it was something like €5.20 each way. Ah..I see there's a specific ski-bus here http://www.transaltitude.fr/fr/les-stations/2-Alpes with online booking at €22 return.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
GrahamN, Yes it was more than I remembered. The airport shuttle price has increased a lot too. A number of options though.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

It was 156euro each way for eight people

well that is super-cheap. Too good to be true, obviously. Very annoying.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I've got to say, I've used Transfer Intelligence for years to shift largish groups (30ish) round the Alps.

Never any problems and communications have always been good.
latest report
Masque wrote:
Another vote for the local bus, used it several times. Booking office is to the left as you come out of the train station

That's what I use to LDA from the train.
snow conditions
Hello,

Oh wow - thanks for all the responses... will look into the local bus - we were originally thinking of taking the bus and then, were told it was nearly the same as booking a private transfer considering there were so many of us, and that prices had risen sharpley. Plus we have to be back at the train station by about 9am on the 2nd Jan which we thought might be too early for the local service, and

...like GrahamN had only managed to find the summer service timetable.
...ben's bus only run from the airport - but did suggest another firm, Altibus who have now offered 70euro return each

Maybe I was just unlucky with the company, you live and learn as they say. That said, their customer service has not been good, I have been calling everyday for a week, and previous to that sent emails nearly every other day trying to follow up the status of the booking, offering to pay them over the phone, over the net or with the transfer company directly. I have had little feedback other than my manager is looking into it.... i will get back to you in an hour, followed by silence. Anyhow....

The local bus is not Alti-bus is it?
ski holidays
The local buss is looking like a good option, and a good variety of times.

My french is struggling - the Ski-Ligne at 34euro each way - is that just a faster non-stop service?

Do others who have used the bus before just go for the 22euro return ticket and then turn up - or do you book a specific slot? So we would need the 'AR plein tarif prix web 22euro'

thank you soo much - you've all brightened my day Very Happy
snow report
It's not Altibus - that is a consortium of most of the local companies that service 3 Valleys/Tarentaise, with services to/between airports GVA/GNB/LYS, but not up to the Oisans stations.

Looks like Transaltitude is your best option. Book a specific slot - go for AR plein tarif @ €22.

Looks like the SkiLigne is a daytrip, direct to the ski lift, out-and-back the same day, including skipass. So pretty good deal, but not one you want.

Looking more closely at the (separate) Transisere bus, it looks like it has gone up quite a lot from last year - it's now €8 each way, €5.60 for under-26s and concessionaires.

Oops - first Transaltitude bus back on the 2nd only gets you in at 0930 - so too late, and I wouldn't want to really count on it being less than 30 mins late, as you don't know what the snow and traffic will be like. The first TransIsere bus gets you in even later at 0952. Maybe your best bet is to get the bus up and then try a private hire Taxi back. Last year (as I'd messed up getting an early bus - they used to run one leaving at 5am) I got an early taxi from La Grave (similar distance, but maybe less demand) to Grenoble and it cost me €150 one way.
ski holidays
Hi everyone!

thanks for all you help - the local bus stuff is great.

We are trying to get the local bus up to the mountain and a taxi back down. Has anyone booked the bus this season thru the website? three of us have tried and it keeps telling us that a reference is missing, but no evident fireld for a specific reference number. Does it not like british addresses?

all the best
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy